Telemetry Monitoring Technician-10
Company: Memorial Hermann Health System
Location: Sugar Land
Posted on: November 6, 2019
At Memorial Hermann, we're about creating exceptional experiences
for both our patients and our employees. Our goal is to provide
opportunities for our diverse employee population that develop and
grow careers in a team-oriented environment focused on patient
Every employee, at every level, begins their journey at Memorial
Hermann learning about the history of the organization and its
established culture built on trust and integrity. Our employees
drive this culture, and we want you to be a part of it.Job
SummaryCoordinates and maintains specialized advanced technical
skills, monitoring patients ECG rhythms, interpreting results, and
communicating effectively with the healthcare team as determined by
department procedure.Job DescriptionMinimum
QualificationsEducation: -Completion of a Telemetry Monitoring
Technician education program or one (1) -year of related experience
requiredLicenses/Certifications: (None)Experience / Knowledge /
- Knowledge of ECG rhythms, as well as knowledge of the
monitoring system and the ability to review trends and alarms
- Ability to perform duties requiring prolonged and/or extensive
sitting, standing, and walking
- Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by
integrating our culture in all internal and external customer
interactions; delivers on our brand promise of "we advance health"
through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration,
compassion and results while ensuring one Memorial
- Provides precise continual surveillance and analysis of cardiac
rhythms on electrocardiographic central monitoring station,
documenting per established procedure; interprets ECG rhythms,
recognizes significant ECG events.
- Escalates significant or life-threatening changes immediately,
utilizing appropriate ECG algorithm, to a Registered Nurse, as
appropriate; communicates information in a clear, concise and
accurate manner to the responsible individual within established
- Obtains rhythm strips per hospital cardiac telemetry procedure;
operates and troubleshoots all functions of the telemetry
monitoring system; accounts for all monitors at the end of each
- Admits, transfers, and discharges patient and enters all
required information in telemetry monitoring system.
- Provides and ensures the highest level of service according to
established service standards, optimizing the patient
- Successfully completes MHHS dysrhythmia examination.
- Performs other duties as assigned, within scope of
responsibility and clinical competency.
- Ensures safe care to patients, staff and visitors; adheres to
all Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards within
budgetary specifications including time management, supply
management, productivity and quality of service.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by
meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education and skills
competency; supports department-based goals which contribute to the
success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor and
resource to less experienced staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
Keywords: Memorial Hermann Health System, Sugar Land , Telemetry Monitoring Technician-10, Professions , Sugar Land, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!