Sterile Process Technician Nights
Company: Memorial Hermann Health System
Location: Sugar Land
Posted on: September 13, 2019
At Memorial Hermann, we're about creating exceptional experiences
for both our patients and our employees. Our goal is to provide
opportunities for our diverse employee population that develop and
grow careers in a team-oriented environment focused on patient
Every employee, at every level, begins their journey at Memorial
Hermann learning about the history of the organization and its
established culture built on trust and integrity. Our employees
drive this culture, and we want you to be a part of it.Job
SummaryPosition responsible for providing sterilized surgical
instruments, supplies and equipment to the operating room as well
as other areas of the hospital. May function as the lead/charge
person for the shift, as needed. Assists in the supervision and
training of other personnel utilizing principles of Standard
Precautions and utilizing principles of Event Related Sterility.Job
DescriptionMinimum QualificationsEducation: High School Diploma or
- Certified by the Certification Board for Sterile Processing and
Distribution (CBSPD) -or - International Association of Healthcare
Central Service Material Management (IAHCSMM) required
- Certified Instrument Specialist (CIS) -orSurgical Instrument
Specialist Certification (CSIS) preferredExperience / Knowledge /
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience involving sterilization
of instruments, equipment and supplies
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions in English
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations
- Ability to lift and/or maneuver supplies and equipment in
conjunction with others in order to perform job functions
- Demonstrated ability to perform basic computer skills
- Demonstrated ability to think critically and apply
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Be able to work in a team environment
- Ability to maintain composure and professional demeanor during
tense or stressful situations
- Sets an example for others and exhibits highly reliable
customer service oriented attitude through innovation,
accountability, collaboration and compassion
- Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by
integrating our culture in all internal and external customer
interactions; delivers on our brand promise of "we advance health"
through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration,
compassion and results while ensuring One Memorial
- May function as lead technician/charge person on the shift as
- Advanced knowledge of the Sterile Processing department rules,
procedures and processes.
- Accurately handles and cares for instruments/equipment
appropriately, including appropriate selection of cleaning agents,
lubricants, examination for function, identification and assembly
according to count sheet and preparation for sterilization.
- Identifies, documents, and reports equipment and tools in need
of repair and ensures maintenance is completed.
- Organizes, prepares, assembles, and sterilizes instruments,
equipment and supplies according to hospital/medical facility
standards of sterilization.
- Correctly peel-pack supplies/instruments, wraps instruments for
sterilization, and inspects each instrument for use, function,
completeness, and cleanliness.
- Loads, monitors, operates and maintain different types of
cleaning and sterilization equipment and machinery accurately and
- Maintains records of all equipment and supplies, ordering of
supplies as needed, and monitoring quality control and infection
- Communicate delays, supply, instrumentation and equipment
problems, substitutions involving Operating Room and other
- Increases knowledge base by accepting more complex assignments
- Ensures safe care to patients, staff and visitors; adheres to
all Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards within
budgetary specifications including time management, supply
management, productivity and quality of service.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by
meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education and skills
competency; supports department-based goals which contribute to the
success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor and
resource to less experienced staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
Keywords: Memorial Hermann Health System, Sugar Land , Sterile Process Technician Nights, Professions , Sugar Land, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!