TMC PEDI Operating Room Support Technician, FT
Company: Memorial Hermann Health System
Location: Sugar Land
Posted on: September 13, 2019
At Memorial Hermann, we're about creating exceptional experiences
for both our patients and our employees. Our goal is to provide
opportunities for our diverse employee population that develop and
grow careers in a team-oriented environment focused on patient
Every employee, at every level, begins their journey at Memorial
Hermann learning about the history of the organization and its
established culture built on trust and integrity. Our employees
drive this culture, and we want you to be a part of it.Job
SummaryPosition is responsible for preparing patients and the
environment prior to surgery for the medical and nurse team.
Position is also responsible for coordinating and maintaining a
variety of non-clinical and ancillary services of assigned
department in support of patient care services to maintain
efficiency and quality of unit operations.Job DescriptionMinimum
QualificationsEducation: High School Diploma
orGEDLicenses/Certifications: Basic Life Support/CPR required; CST
preferredExperience / Knowledge / Skills:
- Minimum of three (3) years in a health care setting; in an
Operating Room preferred
- Ability to perform duties requiring standing, walking,
stooping, bending and lifting up to 50 pounds
- Ability to work with minimal supervision; Demonstrated ability
and willingness to take initiative
- Strong organizational ability; ability to be clearly understood
through verbal communication in face-to face encounters and by
telephone; ability to assimilate information verbally and in
writing in order to compose written correspondence; strong command
of English language; working knowledge of medical terminology;
strong customer service management skills.
- Perform basic mathematical calculations; demonstrates skills
for assigned specialty area/function or assigned procedures,
including a working knowledge of basic medical terminology and
computer software skills.
- Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by
integrating our culture in all internal and external customer
interactions; delivers on our brand promise of "we advance health"
through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration,
compassion and results while ensuring One Memorial
- Assists with physical preparation of patient and physical
environment according to the age/needs of the patient/population
- Ensures required medical supplies, information, and products
are delivered in a timely fashion.Transfers patients as
- Accepts delivery of merchandise requisitioned for the facility
and updates the computerized inventory control system, logging
transactions and maintaining master filing system.
- Maintains inventory, selects supplies according to surgery that
- Monitors and distributes inventory requirements ensuring
accuracy of automated record.
- Collaborates with Materials Management personnel to ensure
adequate supplies are kept within the department and available to
other departments as needed.
- Counts, compares and documents differences between total number
of items received and total number of items on the shipping bill;
checks and reports receipt of damaged materials.
- Attaches receiving document to merchandise and delivers to
- Identifies and facilitates resolution of unit operational
problems independently, collaborating with manager/coordinator to
resolve complex problems.
- Coordinates and maintains a variety of non-clinical and
ancillary services of assigned department including, but not
limited to, environmental services, maintenance, central supplies,
and related unit support functions.
- Ensures all storage areas and bulk closets are clean and in
compliance with all applicable policies and procedures.
- Accurately sterilizes instruments and supplies according to
pre-defined parameters under the supervision of a Registered Nurse
or Surgical Technologist.
- Retrieves malfunctioning equipment and ensures repairs are
completed, as needed.
- Ensures safe care to patients, staff and visitors; adheres to
all Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards within
budgetary specifications including time management, supply
management, productivity and quality of service.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by
meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education and skills
competency; supports department-based goals which contribute to the
success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor and
resource to less experienced staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
Keywords: Memorial Hermann Health System, Sugar Land , TMC PEDI Operating Room Support Technician, FT, Professions , Sugar Land, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!