Company: Memorial Hermann Health System
Location: Sugar Land
Posted on: September 13, 2019
At Memorial Hermann, we're about creating exceptional experiences
for both our patients and our employees. Our goal is to provide
opportunities for our diverse employee population that develop and
grow careers in a team-oriented environment focused on patient
Every employee, at every level, begins their journey at Memorial
Hermann learning about the history of the organization and its
established culture built on trust and integrity. Our employees
drive this culture, and we want you to be a part of it.Job
SummaryPosition responsible for processing, verifying and
delivering all specialized pediatric tube feeding, infant formula
and breast milk medical orders. Job requirements include following
the directions of the management team and the registered
dietitians, appropriately communicating with hospital professional
staff, and following policies and procedures to ensure that quality
and safety measures are met.Job DescriptionMinimum
QualificationsEducation: - High School Diploma or GED
requiredLicenses/Certifications: - (None)Experience / Knowledge /
- One (1) year of experience in the preparation and handling of
foods in hotel, restaurant, institutional or retail cafeteria
- Must be able to follow and relay oral and detailed written
instructions, demonstrate knowledge of weights and measures,
perform mathematical calculations used in recipe and inventory
- Demonstrate good communication skills with patients/staff
showing customer service focus
- Demonstrate knowledge of computer skills and willingness to
- Ability to perform duties that require walking, standing,
bending, lifting up to 50 pounds, pushing and use of kitchen
equipment and tools
- Exercises strong interpersonal and communication skills by
exhibiting objectivity and determines in advance how actions will
- Discretion on when to elevate issues to management
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by
integrating our culture in all internal and external customer
interactions; delivers our brand promise of "we advance health"
through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration,
compassion, and results while ensuring one Memorial
- Prepares and delivers new and revised breast milk and
specialized pediatric/infant formula medical orders in a safe,
efficient manner daily. Uses the electronic health record to
accurately modify formula or milk recipes.
- Follows aseptic techniques as established by department
- Communicates with interdepartmental and hospital professional
staff to verify medical orders and delivery requirements.
- Provides information, excellent customer service and problem
solve as needed.
- Conducts regular inventories.
- Distributes prepared, labeled human milk and formulas to the
patient care areas according to hospital and department operation
- Demonstrates knowledge and appropriate care in handling kitchen
tools, measuring equipment, dishwasher, refrigerators and freezers
in a manner that prevents breakage, loss, or damage.
- Uses various cleaning chemicals, disinfectants as required in
performing job duties according to MSDS.
- Inspects, maintains, and ensures quality of products, prepared
items, kitchen equipment and facilities as outlined in department
and hospital infection control policies and procedures and HACCP
- Ensures safe care to patients, staff and visitors; adheres to
all Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards within
budgetary specifications including time management, supply
management, productivity and quality of services.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by
meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education, skills
competency, supports department-based goals which contribute to the
success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor, and
resource to less experienced staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
Keywords: Memorial Hermann Health System, Sugar Land , Enteral Technician, Professions , Sugar Land, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!