Inventory / Logistics Specialist (6-month project)
Company: Kelly Services
Location: Sugar Land
Posted on: February 12, 2019
One of the country's largest chemical testing labs in Sugar Land, TX is looking for a temporary INVENTORY / LOGISTICS SPECIALIST to add to their team asap. This is a 1st shift, 6-month project paying from $19 to $22 hourly. Any interested candidates must be proficient in SAP.
- SAP usage
- looking for someone to enter inventory receipts (post goods issue)
- seeking someone to help transfer material into one inventory location to another (process order)
- assist with administrative, paperwork, documentation, logistic, clerical work, bill of lading, excel spreadsheet reports
The main function of an logistics specialist is to coordinate and expedite the flow of work and materials within or between departments of an establishment according to production schedule. A typical logistics specialist is responsible for reviewing and distributing production, work and shipment schedules and compiling reports on inventory levels, cost, etc.
- Examine documents, materials and products, and monitor work processes in order to assess completeness, accuracy and conformation to standards and specifications.
- Review documents such as production schedules, work orders, and staffing tables to determine personnel and materials requirements, and material priorities.
- Record production data, including volume produced, consumption of raw materials, and quality control measures.
- Requisition and maintain inventories of materials and supplies necessary to meet production demands.
- Proficient in SAP
- Verbal and written communication skills, attention to detail, problem solving and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to analyze costs related to manufacturing, labor and materials.
- Ability to accurately document and record customer/client information.
- Knowledge of applicable laws and regulations related to shipping and production.
- Previous experience with computer applications, such as Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Physically work on their feet and walk around a warehouse facility.
Education / Experience:
- High school diploma or GED required
- 2 - 4 years related experience
Kelly Temporary Employee Perks:
Kelly-sponsored Affordable Care Act health care coverage available for eligible employee
Group medical, prescription, vision, dental, life, and short-term disability insurance options that are available for purchase-and the coverage is portable*
Service bonus plan
Holiday pay plan
Weekly electronic pay options
Free online training campus available
Exclusive online employee community
Employee assistance program (EAP) available at no cost
Transportation spending accounts
This is an immediate-fill, temporary project for 6 months! Only candidates with related and recent experience as an inventory / logistics specialist will be contacted for an interview. Please note that proficiency in SAP is a must!
Services--, we work with the best. Our clients include 95 of the Fortune
100--- companies, and more than 70,000 hiring managers rely on Kelly annually to access
the best talent to drive their business forward. If you only make one career connection today, connect
As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to directly employ nearly 500,000 people
around the world and have a role in connecting thousands more with work through our global network of
talent suppliers and partners. Revenue in 2017 was $5.4 billion. Visit kellyservices.com and connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females,
Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is
committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment Opportunity
is The Law.
Keywords: Kelly Services, Sugar Land , Inventory / Logistics Specialist (6-month project), Professions , Sugar Land, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!