CONTROLS SYSTEMS/AUTOMATION ENGINEER
Company: Yokogawa Corporation of America
Location: Sugar Land
Posted on: March 19, 2023
Every high-technology product from Yokogawa has to fulfill three
basic criteria: Quality, Innovation, and Foresight. We are one of
the world leaders in industrial automation and process
optimization, information systems and industrial services. We
develop, engineer, implement and maintain technology that requires
highly trained, and skilled professionals to maintain and further
develop our quality processes. To execute our mission to become the
leading Controls Solution Provider in North America, we are seeking
an I&C Engineer.
- Develop conceptual and detailed designs and verify
implementation of core Yokogawa Systems products, including DCS,
SIS and Information Management Systems. This includes the
generation of system Bill of Materials and Purchase Requisitions
for system hardware, software and buyout materials. Equipment may
need to be evaluated for compatibility.
- Design, implementation, testing and integration of Yokogawa and
vendor sub-systems including PLC packaged systems, SCADA systems,
Intelligent Motor Control Relays, CCTV, Gas Chromatographs and Data
- Calculate CPU and Network loads for the DCS and SIS.
- Calculate Heat Dissipation and Power Consumption for various
types of cabinet and consoles.
- Develop cabinet designs for various systems, including but not
limited to DCS, SIS, Server / Networking and Marshalling.
- Develop Control Room / Rack Room designs, including console
furniture designs with integrated switch, annunciator and display
- Plan and execute the migration of control systems in both
"on-line" (hot cutover) and "off-line" process plant scenarios.
Project Execution Activities
- Provide feedback to the Project Manager or Team Lead as to the
status of work in progress, on a regular basis. Immediately inform
the Project Manager or Team Lead and resolve issues that may impact
quality, schedule, or cost.
- Understands and follows all Yokogawa procedures and Work
Instructions that pertain to the position and work assignments.
Identifies and implements methods to improve quality and efficiency
through standardization and reuse.
- Answer technical questions raised by or through the account
manager as needed to support sales pursuits. Able to determine
appropriate options that can be proposed solutions.
- Develop and conduct informal or formal customer training,
either at the customer's site or in a Yokogawa office.
- Development and review of control and safety system estimates
- Committed to providing uncompromising quality.
- Review design inputs for accuracy and completeness.
- Performs all work safely, contributes to improving safety in
the workplace, and if/when supervising others, is responsible for
their safety and the development of their safe work behaviors.
Field Instrumentation / Electrical
- Develop construction packages consisting of P&ID's,
electrical schematics & location plans, instrument specification
sheets (ISA S-20's); instrument loop drawings, installation
details, location plans and level sketches.
- Develop design specifications and loop narratives.
- Responsible for cable selection, routing and junction box
- Support Hazop analysis and generate survey reports.
- Participate in Front End Engineering Design (FEED) activities,
including site surveys and constructability studies.
- Commission and troubleshoot conventional IO, HART and Fieldbus
- Develop Instrument Indexes and IO Point assignments. Fieldbus /
- Design, implement, test and commission Foundation Fieldbus /
HART networks, including segment designs, segment loading, cabling
solutions and field instrument selection.
- Commission and diagnose Fieldbus and HART network issues.
Remote Instrument Enclosures (RIE)
- Supervise and review designs of all aspects of a Remote
Instrument Enclosure, including Structural Design, UPS, HVAC,
Grounding, Fire & Gas systems, Lighting, Electrical Utilities,
Cable selection and routing, and Marshalling Panel design.
DCS & SIS
- Proficient with the hardware and software components of two or
more Yokogawa systems (DCS or SIS). Able to integrate multiple
Yokogawa systems and a variety of non-Yokogawa systems, such as
information management systems, supervisory systems, and standard
sub-systems. Software Tools and Project Documentation
- Extensive experience using Microsoft products including the
Windows operating systems, Excel, Access, Project, and Visio.
- Experienced in developing and integrating Visual Basic
applications with both Microsoft Excel and Access.
- Proficient with InTools database design, implementation and
electronic data exchange.
- Experienced in specification writing for hardware and software
systems, including design specifications, testing and commissioning
documents. Project Team Execution
- Able to multi-task and coordinate large project teams based on
priorities set by the project schedule(s).
- Strong organizational and planning skills.
- Proficient with methods of Change Management and Custody
- Must work well in a dynamic team environment.
- Experienced in supervising local and global engineering
- Experienced in working directly with end users and Engineering
& Procurement Companies (EPC's).
- Willing to travel for job assignments. Approximately 20%,
depending upon project requirements.
- Promotes customer confidence in Yokogawa's products and
capabilities. Field Instrumentation / Electrical
- Familiar with US, International Electrical Codes, API
standards, ISA standards, NFPA standards.
- Practical knowledge of precision mechanics and international
industry standard electrical codes like ISO, NEC. Fieldbus / HART
- Familiar with the Fieldbus and HART Communication
- Familiar with the hardware and application software for CS3000
and Plant Resource Manager (PRM).
- Familiar with the hardware and software tools available for
Fieldbus Design, Implementation, Testing and Diagnostics
(Oscilloscope, Meters, FBT-3 and FBT-6). SPECIFICATIONS
- B.S. degree in engineering physics, math, or equivalent
- 10+ years experience in the process control industry.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are
- Solid technical team leadership skills.
e are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to
work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor
Applicants for employment for this position must have work
authorization that does not now or in the future require
sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United
States and with Yokogawa.
Yokogawa values a Diverse, Equitable and Inclusive culture. We will
actively recruit, develop, and promote people from a variety of
backgrounds who differ in terms of experience, knowledge, thinking
styles, perspective, cultural background, and socioeconomic status.
We will not discriminate based on race, skin color, age, sex,
gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion,
belief, political opinion, nationality, ethnicity, place of origin,
disability, family relations or any other circumstances. Yokogawa
values differences and enables everyone to belong, contribute,
succeed, and demonstrate their full potential.
Keywords: Yokogawa Corporation of America, Sugar Land , CONTROLS SYSTEMS/AUTOMATION ENGINEER, Professions , Sugar Land, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...