Sterile Processing Technician - $16-27 per hour
Company: Memorial Hermann Health System
Location: Sugar Land
Posted on: March 9, 2023
Memorial Hermann Health System is seeking a Sterile Processing
Technician for a job in Sugar Land, Texas.Job Description &
- Specialty: Sterile Processing Technician
- Discipline: Allied Health Professional
- Start Date: ASAP
- Duration: Ongoing
- 40 hours per week
- Shift: 8 hours
- Employment Type: Permanent
At Memorial Hermann, we're about creating exceptional experiences
for both our patients and our employees. Our goal is to provide
opportunities for our diverse employee population that develop and
grow careers in a team-oriented environment focused on patient
care.Every employee, at every level, begins their journey at
Memorial Hermann learning about the history of the organization and
its established culture built on trust and integrity. Our employees
drive this culture, and we want you to be a part of it.Job
SummaryPosition responsible for mentoring, training, and scheduling
the work of employees in the Sterile Processing department. Assists
in the supervision, coaching, mentoring, leading and training of
other department personnel, utilizing Principles of Standard
Precautions and Principles of Event-Related Sterility.Job
DescriptionMinimum QualificationsEducation: High school diploma or
- Certified by the Certification Board for Sterile Processing and
Distribution (CBSPD) or International Association of Healthcare
Central Service Material Management (IAHCSMM) required
- Certified Instrument Specialist (CIS) and Certified Healthcare
Leader (CHL) or Certified in Sterile Processing Management (CSPM)
and Surgical Instrument Specialist Certification (CSIS)
- Or must acquire certifications within one (1) year from hire
dateExperience / Knowledge / Skills:
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience involving
sterilization of instruments, equipment and supplies required.
- Minimum of one (1) year of leadership or management experience
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions in English
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations.
- Ability to lift and/or maneuver supplies and equipment in
conjunction with others in order to perform job functions.
- Ability to perform advanced computer skills with knowledge of
Sterile Processing Information Systems.
- Demonstrated ability to think critically and strategically
- Advanced problem-solving skills.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Advanced leadership, coaching and mentorship skills in a team
- Ability to maintain composure and professional demeanor during
tense or stressful situations.
- Sets an example for others and exhibits highly reliable
customer service oriented attitude through innovation,
accountability, collaboration and compassion.
- Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by
integrating our culture in all internal and external customer
interactions; delivers on our brand promise of "we advance health"
through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration,
compassion and results while ensuring one Memorial
- Troubleshoots problems and strategically resolves issues within
Sterile Processing Department.
- Trains and acts as a mentor to Sterile Processing
- Prepares work schedules, assists manager with performance
issues, and gives input to manager on performance evaluations.
- Expert knowledge of the Sterile Processing department rules,
procedures and processes.
- Ensures accurate and appropriate handling of
instruments/equipment, including selection of cleaning agents,
lubricants, examination for function, identification and assembly
according to count sheet, and preparation for sterilization.
- Trains and prepares team members with regard to the parameters
of hospital/medical facility standards of sterilization.
- Loads, monitors, operates and maintain different types of
cleaning and sterilization equipment and machinery accurately and
- Monitors supplies and materials inventory.
- Completes quality control and infection control standards
checks as needed.
- Communicate delays, supply, instrumentation and equipment
problems, substitutions involving Operating Room and other
- Regularly accepts and completed most complex assignments.
- Ensures safe care to patients, staff and visitors, adheres to
all Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards within
budgetary specifications including time management, supply
management, productivity and quality of service.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by
meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education and skills
competency; supports department-based goals which contribute to the
success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor and
resource to less experienced staff.
- Other duties as assigned.Memorial Hermann Health System Job ID
#10276_777524008. Posted job title: Sterile Process Tech IVAbout
Memorial Hermann Health SystemCompany Overview:Charting a better
future. A future that's built upon the HEALTH of our community.
This is the driving force for Memorial Hermann, redefining health
care for the individuals and many diverse populations we serve. Our
6,100 affiliated physicians and 29,000 employees practice the
highest standards of safe, evidence-based, quality care to provide
a personalized and outcome-oriented experience across our more than
270 care delivery sites. As one of the largest not-for-profit
health systems in Southeast Texas, Memorial Hermann has an
award-winning and nationally acclaimed Accountable Care
Organization, 17* hospitals and numerous specialty programs and
services conveniently located throughout the Greater Houston area.
Memorial Hermann-Texas Medical Center is one of the nation's
busiest Level I trauma centers and serves as the primary teaching
hospital for McGovern Medical School at UTHealth. For more than 114
years, our focus has been the best interest of our community,
contributing more than $411 million annually through school-based
health centers and other community benefit programs. Now and for
generations to come, the health of our community will be at the
center of what we do - charting a better future for all.
*Memorial Hermann Health System owns and operates 14 hospitals and
has joint ventures with three other hospital facilities, including
Memorial Hermann Surgical Hospital First Colony, Memorial Hermann
Surgical Hospital Kingwood and Memorial Hermann Rehabilitation
Our MissionMemorial Hermann Health System is a non-profit,
values-driven, community-owned health system dedicated to improving
Our VisionTo create healthier communities, now and for generations
Our ValuesCommunity: We value diversity and inclusion and commit to
being the best healthcare provider, employer and
partner.Compassion: We understand our privileged role in people's
lives and care for everyone with kindness and respect.Credibility:
We conduct ourselves and our business responsibly and prioritize
safety, quality and service when making decisions.Courage: We act
bravely to innovate and achieve world-class experience and outcomes
for patients, consumers, partners and the community.Benefits
- Dental benefits
- Vision benefits
- Employee assistance programs
- 403b retirement plan
- Health Care FSA
- Dependent Care FSA
- School loan reimbursement
- Sign-On bonus
Keywords: Memorial Hermann Health System, Sugar Land , Sterile Processing Technician - $16-27 per hour, Professions , Sugar Land, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...