Production Supervisor - Garwood, TX Sand & Gravel Plant
Company: Lehigh Hanson
Location: El Campo
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Job Description: The Role and the Company
Lehigh Hanson is North America s leading supplier of cement,
aggregates, ready mix concrete, and asphalt. We have hundreds of
plants and thousands of employees working across the United States
and Canada. We are also part of Heidelberg Cement Group, one of the
world s largest building materials companies.
The Production Supervisor role is based in Garwood, TX (near
Houston, TX) and reports directly to the Plant Manager.
The Production Supervisor will be responsible for effective
operations and maintenance of the Plant during their respective
shift. This position is also responsible for efficient management
of the pit operation. This will include finished production as well
as execution of proactive and reactive maintenance. They will be
responsible for making and following up on decisions to maximize
productivity of all departments.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate strong leadership
characteristics, planning and scheduling skills necessary to
successfully manage a 500K t/y operation.
The Production Supervisor will be responsible for measuring and
improving key metrics which includes safety, productivity,
resources, and labor.
What you ll get to do
- Plan and schedule plant production to maximize productivity and
optimize the utilization of manpower, resources, and
- Supervise and direct production crews, providing ongoing
coaching and feedback, as well as daily, weekly, and annual
- Report daily production and track KPI s of plant
- Ensure material production meets quality control
- Assist in accessing and optimizing the usage of existing
- Schedule plant and mobile repair and maintenance internally and
with outside vendors.
- Ensure proper staffing levels are always kept for the
efficiency of the plant.
- Promote safe work habits and provide safe working conditions -
lead daily tailgate meetings, ensure job tasks are completed as per
job procedures, and demonstrate leadership towards all company
safety policies. Essential Experience and Skills
- 5 years of work experience in aggregate production or at least
3 years of supervisory experience in a related industry.
- Excellent leadership skills with the ability to communicate
clearly, concisely, and respectfully.
- Composure, and the ability to professionally present
information to, and respond to questions from others.
- Ability, desire, and motivation that align with the work
environment, fluctuating shift schedules, extended periods of time
moving back and forth to all areas of the plant, and occasionally
lift heavy objects and work in awkward/confined spaces. Preferred
Experience and Skills
- Working knowledge of aggregate production equipment and
- Analytical abilities and comfort with using data and objective
information for making decisions.
- Project team experience.
- Union and non-union environments.
- Capability and desire to become a plant manager in the future.
- Role operates in a manufacturing environment with moving
mechanical equipment, inclement weather, heat, humidity, elevated
noise levels, and dusty conditions. What we have to offer
- Competitive base salary and participation in our annual
- Highly competitive benefits programs
- 401k retirement savings plan with an automatic company
contribution as well as matching contributions
Keywords: Lehigh Hanson, Sugar Land , Production Supervisor - Garwood, TX Sand & Gravel Plant, Professions , El Campo, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!