Maintenance Mechanic (Production Tech)
Company: Crown Holdings
Location: Sugar Land
Posted on: November 16, 2021
Job Accountabilitiesbout Crown:CROWN Cork & Seal USA, Inc., a
wholly owned company of Crown Holdings, Inc. is a global leader in
the design, manufacture and sale of packaging products for consumer
goods. At Crown, we are passionate about helping our customers
build their brands and connect with consumers around the world. We
do this by delivering innovative packaging that offers significant
value for brand owners, retailers and consumers alike. With
operations in 36 countries employing over 24,000 people and net
sales of $8.3 billion, we are uniquely positioned to bring best
practices in quality and manufacturing to our customers to drive
their businesses locally and globally. Sustaining a leadership
position requires us to build a team of highly talented, dedicated
and driven individuals.Division Overview:Crown's Beverage Division
manufactures a variety of packaging solutions for soft drinks,
craft beers, coffees and teas as well as new energy drinks. Crown
Beverage leads the packaging industry with innovative technologies
that redefine how the world looks at beverage cans. With a large
printable surface area and a wide range of sizes, shapes and
decorating options, our aluminum cans are the perfect packaging
format to create compelling brand presence where it counts. Here is
your chance to join the Crown Beverage Division.Location:Crown
Beverage Packaging, Fort Bend Plant # 060, 12910 Jess Pirtle Blvd,
Sugar Land, Texas 77478.Position overview:The Maintenance Mechanic
(Production Tech) must possess the desire and ability to manage,
maintenance and repair automated production machines or equipment
that performs one or more functions in the making of aluminum cans.
The Maintenance Mechanic (Production Tech) works closely with an
entire team, Team Coordinator, and the Team Leader.Job
RequirementsThe Maintenance Mechanic (Production Tech)
responsibilities would include, but not be limited to, the
- Maintains and observes operation of machines and equipment to
insure the production of high quality cans.
- Inspects cans according to customer specifications.If
specifications are not met, makes the necessary adjustment to
insure the correct can's specifications.
- Replenishes inks, oils, chemicals, fluids, or other supplies
according to the requirements of each machine or equipment. If the
machine jams, stops machine and makes adjustments as necessary:
clearing away damaged or jammed cans, etc. If malfunctions of the
machine are detected, stops machine and makes adjustments or
repairs as necessary (see next paragraph).
- Duties include operating forklift for materials handling.May
include loading/unloading trucks or rail cars, warehousing, and
- Responsible for the mechanical performance of line and standard
- Diagnoses or troubleshoots machines or equipment to determine
malfunction and the need for adjustment or repair.
- Performs mechanical repairs and maintenance required for
production such as: repairs or replaces defective parts, installs
special functional and structural parts in devices.
- Lubricates and cleans parts, installs, moves, sets-up and
operates all types of machinery, equipment and machine tools, and
perform any dismantling, fitting or assembly work required for
- Reads blueprints, sketches, machine parts or specifications to
determine type and dimensions of stock required.
- May operate manual machine shop equipment and work with close
- May repair electronic or electrical equipment: performing a
variety of general electronic or electrical maintenance, repair and
- May install, repair, construct, adjust, overhaul, calibrate and
service all types of electronic and electrical equipment.
- Responsible for all required paperwork of area or machine
assigned examples: Statistical Process Control (SPC) charts,
logbook entries, and maintenance checklist for the body-makers; or
bills of lading, inventory sheets, and warehouse tags for the
warehouse area.Initiates purchase order for parts and
- Other duties as assigned by the team or management.JOB
- Minimum Requirements
- High School or equivalent diploma.
- Must be available to work various shifts if needed and be able
to work nights, weekends, and overtime to cover absences or provide
- Must be experienced in maintenance and repair of production
machines and equipment.
- Must be highly skilled in troubleshooting and repairing machine
- Must have significant experience in operating production
- Related work experience or technical training/school or
technical degrees may be substituted for the required work
- Preferred Requirements
- Three (3) plus years of experience as maintenance mechanic in a
- Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such
as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and
procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and
correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of team
members or to customers.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to work with mathematical concepts
such as probability and statistical inference and fundamentals of
plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply
concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal
with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only
limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of
instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule
- Ability to work effectively both as an individual and in a team
environment using collaborative methods.
- Must be committed to ongoing personal training and development
- Physical Requirements
- While performing the duties of this job, the team member is
regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or
feel objects, tools, or controls, and reach with hands and
- The team member frequently is required to climb or balance and
talk or hear.
- The team member is occasionally required to stoop, kneel,
crouch, or crawl.
- The team member must regularly lift and/or move up to 10
pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and
occasionally lift and /or move up to 75 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth
perception, and the ability to adjust focus.Working Conditions
- Working with high speed automated machines and equipment in a
manufacturing plant producing aluminum cans for the beverage
- The plant operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 52 weeks a
- Will have constant pressure to produce high quality cans and to
keep the production line operating.
- The shifts are four (4) days on and four (4) off with the shift
starting at 7:00 and ending at 7:00 (12 hours).
- The plant is hot when the weather is hot and cold when the
weather is cold.
- Will be assigned to different areas of the plant throughout a
team member's work career.
- Must be willing to work all areas of production and on any
- While performing duties, the team member regularly works near
moving mechanical parts.
- The team member frequently works in high, precarious places and
may frequently be exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or
airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and vibration.
- The team member may occasionally be exposed to risk of
- The noise level is loud in the work environment.Possible
Equivalent Military Titles
- Maintenance Mechanic or Technician; Automotive Mechanic; Diesel
Engine Mechanic; Generator Specialist or Technician; Helicopter or
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform essential functions.Benefits:Crown
offers competitive pay, bonus, comprehensive benefits including
free company paid health insurance for employees as well as
excellent retirement package including a pension and company
matched 401(k).Interested:Take the next step in your career and
apply online today at
SpecifiedCrown is an equal opportunity employer. Crown does not
discriminate against any candidate or employee on the basis of
race, national origin, sex, marital status, sexual orientation,
age, disability, religion, veteran status, or any other status
protected by law.
Keywords: Crown Holdings, Sugar Land , Maintenance Mechanic (Production Tech), Professions , Sugar Land, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!