O&M Technician II -Mechanic
Company: Exelon Corporation
Posted on: May 4, 2021
DescriptionAt Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of
the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer
bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies
that strives for the highest standards of power generation,
competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of
outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought
leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a
diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design,
build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to
motivating the success of our employees through competitive base
salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune
100 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly
shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize
your career at Exelon!
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
The primary responsibilities of this role will be to operate,
troubleshoot, repair and maintain all mechanical, I/C, and
electrical equipment as required to support plant operations and
maximize asset value.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Uses computerized maintenance management system to maintain and
control work order system spare parts inventory. Perform
maintenance and repair work on plant equipment such as pumps,
gearboxes, fans, turbines, bearings, boilers, pipe systems, valves
and limitorque operators. (disassembly, part repair or replacement,
- Operates monitors and maintains turbines, generators, pumps,
scrubber plants, industrial wastewater treatment plants, boilers,
motors, combustion turbines and associated auxiliary
- Trains and develops other employees in performing preventive
maintenance and routine equipment service activities. Practices
situational leadership, environmental and safety stewardship.
- Leads equipment or system problem identification and recommends
- Perform predictive/preventive maintenance.
- Perform electrical maintenance on generators, transformers and
- Perform troubleshooting on plant equipment such as power and
control circuits, heaters, motors and transformers using electrical
- Develops operating procedures for plant equipment to ensure
consistent and safe operation.
- Performs all work during an assigned shift in a safe,
continuous and efficient manner while maintaining environmental and
housekeeping standards within federal, state and local guidelines.
Performs work per Work Management processes and ensures safety
using equipment Tag out process.
- Assists in requisitioning parts and supplies.
- Perform any other duties as assigned.
The incumbent in this position must be able to communicate across
all levels of the organization. The O & M Technician must have
previously passed testing requirements and qualifications before
performing this role. The O & M Technician electrical blocking
knowledge must have continued to increase. --QualificationsMINIMUM
- Associates Degree in Power Plant Technology, Engineering
Technology, or Electronics OR
- HS Diploma with minimum of 18 months of trade or technical
training in Power Plant Technology
- Successfully complete the training requirements and time in job
requirements for the position including previously passing the EEI
- Electrical background
- Availability for rotating shift work and overtime as
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Basic computer skills
- Understanding of power plant prints
- Valid driver's license and access to an insured vehicle
- Ability to work in a power plant environment that includes
climbing and walking long distances
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 pounds
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees
or applicants will receive consideration for employment without
regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race,
religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran
status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
EEO is the Law Poster
Keywords: Exelon Corporation, Sugar Land , O&M Technician II -Mechanic, Professions , Wharton, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!