Company: Memorial Hermann Health System
Location: Sugar Land
Posted on: December 4, 2019
At Memorial Hermann, we------re about creating exceptional
experiences for both our patients and our employees. Our goal is to
provide opportunities for our diverse employee population that
develop and grow careers in a team-oriented environment focused on
Every employee, at every level, begins their journey at Memorial
Hermann learning about the history of the organization and its
established culture built on trust and integrity. Our employees
drive this culture, and we want you to be a part of it.Job
SummaryPosition is responsible for assisting the anesthesiologist
in the operating room.Job DescriptionMinimum
QualificationsEducation: High School Diploma orGED; with successful
completion of hospital specific orientation
programLicenses/Certifications: (None)Experience / Knowledge /
- Minimum of one (1) year current Operating Room experience
- Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by
integrating our culture in all internal and external customer
interactions; delivers on our brand promise of ------we advance
health------ through innovation, accountability, empowerment,
collaboration, compassion and results while ensuring one Memorial
- Assists anesthesiologists as directed, performing duties
according to the age/needs of the patient/patient population
- Prepares anesthesia machine and cart with required supplies
prior to each case; assists in maintaining anesthesia and
monitoring equipment/ancillary devices, warmers (fluid & patient),
accuracy and/or the adjustment or exchange of monitors, ventilators
and gas cylinders as indicated.
- Demonstrates an ability to recognize specialty needs and
anticipate preparation and follow-up i.e. CJD, MH, Airborne-TB,
Latex sensitivity and Laser cases.
- Demonstrates the ability to assist with endotracheal intubation
and extubation procedures during routine and emergency
- Performs inventory; orders and restocks anesthesia medications,
trays and supplies; restocks anesthesia carts according to
established protocol; cleans and restocks anesthesia machines,
cart, supply rooms, shelves, and refrigerators as required;
transports anesthesia equipment/supplies to other departments as
- Ensures clean to dirty sanitation/containment and standard
infection control precautions and professional performance. This
includes but not limited to: vigilant sterile technique and care
with invasive lines, facilitate/assist anesthesiologist in
following CDC guidelines for Central Line Placement-Deterring CRBSI
Catheter-related blood stream infections, disinfection and high
level disinfection of semi-critical items and care of flexible
scopes and specialty instrumentation.
- Actively participates in Quality Assurance and associated
- Other duties may be carried as patient care dictates, such as
but not limited to: patient hair removal, blood product & blood
cooler transport, patient transport, anesthetized patient
positioning within national safety goals and MHHS RED Rules and
Surgical Safety Checklist.
- Ensures safe care to patients, staff and visitors; adheres to
all Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards within
budgetary specifications including time management, supply
management, productivity and quality of service.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by
meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education and skills
competency; supports department-based goals which contribute to the
success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor and
resource to less experienced staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
Keywords: Memorial Hermann Health System, Sugar Land , Anesthesia Technician, Professions , Sugar Land, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!