Starbucks Barista Lead, Full Time: First Colony
Location: Sugar Land
Posted on: September 10, 2019
Shopping is a great way to work up an appetite, and Food@Macy???s
offers exciting jobs and great opportunities in an area that???s
changing the way people experience our stores.?? The secret to our
success is our mix of skilled, passionate culinary enthusiasts so
whether you want to join the prep team or manage one of our
restaurants, there???s a great job waiting for you.
The Lead Barista supports the Starbucks Manager in running an
efficient, professional, safe and profitable Starbucks operation
following all company standards. Perform other duties as
Macy???s uses a scheduling plan that allows our associates to
participate in the creation of their work schedules by managing
availability and identifying preferences. Additionally, during key
events and peak selling times, Macy???s may offer additional shifts
to our associates, which they may pick up using the self-scheduling
tool.?? Details on Macy's schedule options are available during the
- Completes Starbucks Advance Store Training (AST)
Exemplifies Barista promise to produce and deliver handcrafted
beverages and food, demonstrating Starbucks service standards.
- Demonstrate current and working knowledge of drip coffee, cold
beverage, espresso bar, and pastry stations.
- Understands company health and safety best practices while
following Starbucks clean, safe and ready standards and
- Demonstrate a positive role model for Starbucks Service Steps
and Magic Selling providing an exceptional customer
- Upholds quality standards and actively coaches others to
deliver high-quality handcrafted coffee beverages and food
- Opens and/or closes area following appropriate checklist,
verifies completion with Manager on Duty prior to leaving the
- Maintains PAR stock levels and follows Starbucks merchandising,
signing and product presentation standards.
- Assist in preparation and production of all menu items.
- Coaches to achieve desired barista performance. Identify and
use additional resources to measure how your store is delivering
the customer experience, following Food Division standards and Best
- Role-model the Customer Service behaviors of Anticipate,
Connect, Personalize and Own with customers.
- Assist in accountability for sales, expenses and bottom-line
- Monitor food quality using Starbucks checklists.??
- Builds strong working relationships with their team and
supervisor, willing to help other associates and contributes to a
fun and productive work environment.??
- Provide on-going training, feedback, coaching, and staff
motivation to all associates to maximize team performance and
- Clean, calibrate and perform routine maintenance store???s
equipment using the Store?? Cleanliness and Equipment Maintenance
- Utilize forecasts, daily sales reports and weekly food cost and
payroll reports to ensure monthly profit/loss goals are met.??
- Assist in ordering food, beverage, dry and paper goods based
budget and needs of the business.??
- Ensure that baristas are accurately receiving products and
following Best Practices.??
- Assist with food inventories following Inventory Best Practices
to ensure they are taken on a timely and accurate basis to ensure
targeted food and beverage costs are maintained.??
- Maintain role model standards in grooming, professional
appearance and communications.??
- Regular, dependable attendance & punctuality.
- No specific educational accomplishment is necessary.
- One year of previous restaurant/hospitality and previous shift
supervisory experience is required.
- Health department license or certification and/or alcohol
certification as required by state or local requirement.
- A Food Handler's certificate may be required for food service
employees who prepare, store or serve food at restaurants, coffee
bars or any other food service establishment prior to starting
employment in a food operation at Macy???s.?? Communication
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to read, write, and interpret instructional documents
such as safety rules, reports, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to communicate in Spanish is preferred but not
required.?? Mathematical Skills:
- Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction,
multiplication, and division.
- Able to use a calculator.
- Must be able to make change using American monetary units.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal
- Must be able to follow instructions. Physical Demands:
- This position involves regular walking, standing, hearing and
- May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
- Must be able to move and/or lift at least 30 lbs.
- Involves close vision, color vision, depth perception, and
focus adjustment. Other Skills:
Strong leadership profile and must
possess excellent customer service skills. Must be able to work
effectively in a fast-paced environment. Has planning and
organizational skills. Work Hours:
- Flexible with scheduling and available to work retail hours,
which may include day, evening, weekends and/or holidays based on
department/store/company needs. Working Conditions:
- This position is required to use potentially hazardous
equipment, such as coffee and espresso makers.
- Reasonable accommodations have been made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
- Work generally occurs in an office environment with moderate
temperature and noise level.
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy???s Inc. reserves
the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is
an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive
Keywords: Macy's, Sugar Land , Starbucks Barista Lead, Full Time: First Colony, Other , Sugar Land, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!