Lead Fuel Additives Scientist - (Downstream) Sugar Land, TX
Company: Baker Hughes, a GE Company
Location: Sugar Land
Posted on: June 15, 2019
BHGE has an opening for a Lead Scientist in Petroleum & Fuel
Additives team at our Sugar Land, TX facility. As a leader in the
oilfield services industry, BHGE offers opportunities for qualified
people who want to grow in our high performance organization. Our
leading technologies and our ability to apply them safely and
effectively create value for our customers and our shareholders.
BHGE is an Equal Employment Affirmative Action Employer.
The successful candidate will provide technology support to BHGE
Downstream Chemicals in the areas of Petroleum & Fuel Additives,
and hydrogen sulfide scavengers. This detail oriented individual
will develop into a key member in our team of scientists and
engineers with expertise in fuel additives as well as industry
specifications. This Lead Scientist will join our Technology team
on research and development of new products and technologies and
maintain our technology leadership in the area.
- Provide technical support to operations for existing fuel
additive applications and for development of technical
recommendations for new chemical applications.
- Lead the technical development of new products / technologies,
apply project management through development process to ensure
optimal project outcomes.
- Work closely with product management, marketing, supply chain
and operations through new products / technologies development and
- Participate in technical instruction in the area of fuel
additives and fuel specifications
- Become fluent in the finished fuel specifications as well as
the industry accepted test methods (ASTM, ISO, CGSB, etc.) and
understand what fuel characteristics can impact the
- Handles special projects, as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Math, Physics, or Earth
Sciences. 6+ years related experience.
- 5 years of lab experience in fuel additives
- Product development experience in industrial chemical
- Good laboratory skills and safety culture leadership
- Ability to function independently as well as in a team
- Effective communication skills. Able to accurately and
concisely convey complex technical concepts to all individuals of
all levels of experience both in a written and oral format
- MS or PhD in chemistry
- 8+ years of lab experience, with focus on chemical additive
development and application support
- Experience on H2S scavengers development and applications
- Working knowledge of industry fuel specifications (ASTM, ISO,
- Project Management experience
- Goal oriented individual who requires minimal day to day
Sugar Land, TX
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career
you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color,
religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran
status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more
Keywords: Baker Hughes, a GE Company, Sugar Land , Lead Fuel Additives Scientist - (Downstream) Sugar Land, TX, Other , Sugar Land, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!