Crop Advisor El Campo, TX
Company: Disability Solutions
Location: El Campo
Posted on: September 15, 2023
The J.R. Simplot Company is a diverse, privately held
organization, with roots firmly planted in agriculture and
agriculture-related businesses. The J.R. Simplot Company is a true
farm-to-table company with operations that touch every aspect of
agriculture, including seed production, farming and ranching, plant
sciences, fertilizer manufacturing, food processing, commercial
product development, and distribution.SummaryThis Simplot Grower
Solutions role provides customer service to growers through the
sale of crop nutrition, crop protection, seed, specialty,
technology and other agronomic products and consultative services.
The role is led under the general direction of the Market Manager,
who provides support and leadership to all Crop Advisors within
specifically recognized agronomic geographies to achieve the
Company's financial goals and operational objectives.Key
- Promote and live the Simplot brand as the best-in-class
Agricultural distributor. Grow new business and manage a customer
base within a defined area to meet and exceed area sales and
profitability goals and gross margin targets.
- Seek out product and service opportunities for current
customers that enhance both Simplot and the customer's bottom line.
Market products to growers by initiating sales calls, providing
advice and consultative services, and monitoring individualized
agronomic programs in respect to use of crop protection, crop
nutrition, seed, specialty, technology and other related areas.
Emphasize and sell proprietary products where appropriate to
- Collaborate with other Crop Advisors, as directed by Region
Managers and/or Market Managers, to increase knowledge, develop
sales, marketing, manage customer relationships and increase
profits in the Sales Area.
- Regularly interface with the Region Manager and Market Manager
to execute market strategies, report sales trends and competitor
activities, as well as opportunities and challenges in the
- Ensure adequate follow-through in regards to operational
aspects of the business such as delivery, application and billing
are handled appropriately. Regularly and reliably communicate with
operations to ensure strong performance in delivery and service
- Maintain customer agronomic records, assist in establishing
customer financial records and collaborate with the Area Financial
Services Manager in the establishment of credit and resolution of
credit matters.Typical EducationBachelor's Degree (B.A. or B.S.)
from 4 year college or universityRelevant Experience3+ years
related experience and/or trainingRequired CertificationsOther
- Established book-of-business is highly desired.
- 1-3 years of similar experience in the industry is
- Required computer skills include knowledge of Microsoft Office,
Excel and Outlook.
- Demonstrated focus on meeting customer expectations and working
to deliver excellent customer service.
- Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing with
management, other team members, and customers.
- Must be self-driven, self-motivated, and customer
service-oriented, while being an effective team player.
- CCA and PCA are preferred.Job Requisition ID:--15437Travel
Required:--Up to 50%Location(s):--SGS Retail - El
Campo--Country:--United States**The J.R. Simplot Company is proud
to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider all qualified
applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion,
national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, gender identity,
gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental
disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, military or
veteran status, marital status, or any other protected status.
Keywords: Disability Solutions, Sugar Land , Crop Advisor El Campo, TX, Other , El Campo, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!