MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN. ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:Description:
JOB TITLE: Maintenance Technician
REPORTS TO: Facilities Engineering Manager
General: This hands-on maintenance person will be responsible for
the general repair and maintenance of all facility related systems
and manufacturing process equipment. Must be aggressive in
approach, be on call 24/7, and provide feedback to Center
operations personnel. Be able to work in a demanding environment
and manage multiple project timelines at the same time.
1. Perform and/or coordinate preventive maintenance activities on
existing critical systems at the compounding center located in
Sugar Land, Texas. Assist the centers operation personnel in the
understanding of technical issues, resolution and timely closure
including updating the Preventive Maintenance Tracking software
database. Preventive Maintenance activities could include Pest
Control, electrical functions, emergency generators, HVAC systems,
2. Troubleshoot and resolve facility and/or equipment problems
(including temperature, pressure and air handler systems within a
clean room environment, and Laminar Air Flow Hoods.) Responsible
for the execution of developed corrective action plans to prevent
3. Develop and maintain critical system drawings through Critical
Work Requests and update drawings using AutoCAD 2000. Assure
critical drawings are current.
4. Schedule room and hood certifications which includes working
with approved certification companies and being on site during
certification. Resolution to issues must be completed in a timely
fashion to minimize compounding downtime.
5. Maintain Environmental, Health, and Safety Standard Operating
Procedures to meet OSHA regulation.
6. Inter act with Lake Forest central operations personnel insuring
that compliance to USP 797 standards (relating to process equipment
and facilities operation) are achieved and maintained
1. Associates Degree (technical/pre-engineering)
2. Five - eight years related experience in a Pharmaceutical
3. Experience (trouble shooting ability) in electrical
(power/controls), basic PLC software skills, refrigeration, and
4. Knowledge of process equipment control system logic.
5. Basic AutoCAD experience.
6. Ability to work well with a team environment.
7. Demonstrated strength in problem solving skills.
8. Technical writing and verbal skills.
9. Co-ordinate contracted technical support when required.
10. Ability to travel â?? 10% (new process equipment acceptance