Special Procedures Technologist
Company: Memorial Hermann Health System
Location: Sugar Land
Posted on: January 19, 2023
At Memorial Hermann, we're about creating exceptional
experiences for both our patients and our employees. Our goal is to
provide opportunities for our diverse employee population that
develop and grow careers in a team-oriented environment focused on
Every employee, at every level, begins their journey at Memorial
Hermann learning about the history of the organization and its
established culture built on trust and integrity. Our employees
drive this culture, and we want you to be a part of it.
Takes radiologic films of the body requiring specialized or
complicated procedures to assist in the diagnosis of diseases and
injuries. Acts as an assistant to the physician during invasive
radiological procedures.Job Description
Position eligible for $1,500 Sign on Bonus!
Education: Graduate of an accredited school of Radiologic
- Certified in Basic or Advanced Life Support
- Current license or temporary license by the Texas Medical Board
- Registered Radiology Technologist by the American Registry of
Radiologic Technologists (ARRT-R)
Experience / Knowledge / Skills:
- Ability to lift and/or maneuver patients in conjunction with
others in order to perform job functions
- Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by
integrating our culture in all internal and external customer
interactions; delivers on our brand promise of "we advance health"
through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration,
compassion and results while ensuring one Memorial Hermann.
- Performs special/invasive radiology procedures on patients
ensuring compliance with all radiation safety procedures: Prepares
patients for exam, explains procedure, administers contrast when
necessary, positions patients for the exam, selects appropriate
imaging techniques, and ensures technical quality of the
- Enters and monitors patient data.
- Performs quality assurance on radiology equipment. May assist
with initial and renewal application for ACR and other
- Identifies and reports any accidents, complaints or equipment
malfunction to department management.
- Takes emergency call within the department.
- Ensures safe care to patients, staff and visitors; adheres to
all Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards within
budgetary specifications including time management, supply
management, productivity and quality of service.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by
meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education and skills
competency; supports department-based goals which contribute to the
success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor and
resource to less experienced staff.
- Other duties as assigned
Keywords: Memorial Hermann Health System, Sugar Land , Special Procedures Technologist, Other , Sugar Land, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!