Bookseller (Seasonal) at WCJC Bookstore
Company: Barnes & Noble Education
Posted on: September 23, 2022
IntroductionBarnes & Noble College is a retail partner for
nearly 800 colleges and universities nationwide. We offer a retail
environment like no other uniquely focused on delivering essential
educational content, tools, and merchandise within a dynamic retail
environment on campuses of higher education. Our teams interact
directly with our customers including students, faculty,
administration, alumni, and the general public to provide
outstanding customer service to sell or rent books, general
merchandise, and an array of products and services for an academic
community.OverviewBarnes & Noble College is seeking dynamic,
friendly, and customer-focused team members to work as Seasonal
Booksellers throughout the school year. As a seasonal employee you
may work in any department within the store from Textbooks, Trade
Books, or General Merchandise to assist customers with locating
products, answering questions, shelving and restocking the sales
floor, processing cash, credit, and/or financial aid transactions,
assisting with refunds and returns, among other tasks. Our seasonal
booksellers work in one or a variety of departments periodically
throughout the year to support our stores during peak periods or
- Greet customers, answer questions, and assist with the purchase
of merchandise or services.
- Shelve, arrange, clean, and organize product or space within
the store to maintain an appealing sales floor.
- Assist with processing sales transactions involving cash,
credit, or financial aid payments.
- Seasonal positions require work during peak periods (i.e.
semester starts and ends), occasional weekends, and flexibility in
scheduling to work periodically during the school year.Physical
- Frequent movement within the store to access various
departments, areas, and/or products.
- Ability to remain in a stationary position for extended
- Frequent lifting.
- Occasional reaching, stooping, kneeling, crouching, and
climbing ladders.COVID-19 Considerations:Our stores comply with all
applicable federal, state and local requirements and/or
recommendations regarding social distancing and sanitizing. In
accordance with individual campus requirements, positions may
require confirmation of vaccination. The use of face masks
throughout the day and while on campus may also be expected or
- Candidates must be a minimum of 18 years of age to be
considered for employment.
- High-energy, friendly personality, with strong communication
skills to interact with a variety of people.
- Outstanding customer service skills to match customers to
products that meet their needs.
- Basic math, keyboarding, and data entry skills.
- Flexibility in scheduling is necessary.EEO StatementBarnes &
Noble College is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative
Action Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation,
gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.Job
Locations US-TX-WHARTONID 2022-3201Category Retail Sales
AssociatePosition Type Seasonal
Keywords: Barnes & Noble Education, Sugar Land , Bookseller (Seasonal) at WCJC Bookstore, Other , Wharton, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!