Quality and Food Safety Supervisor
Company: Whole Earth Brands
Location: Sugar Land
Posted on: June 22, 2022
Quality & Food Safety SupervisorSugar Land, TXWhole Earth
Brands, Inc. (NASDAQ: FREE) is a global, industry-leading company,
on a quest to "Open a World of Goodness---" to consumers and their
families. Focused on "better for you" consumer packaged goods and
ingredients, the Company is uniquely positioned to address the
consumer transition toward healthier lifestyles, such as free from
sugar, natural, plant-based, and clean label solutions. Whole Earth
Brands Inc. is one of the world's leading manufacturers of zero/low
sugar and low-calorie sweeteners as well as reduced sugar products
with brands including Whole Earth -, Pure Via -, Wholesome -,
Swerve -, Equal -, and Canderel -Reporting to the Manager of North
America Quality & Food Safety, the Quality & Food Safety Supervisor
will be an integral resource to the organization, focusing on
continuous improvement around Food Safety and Quality for all
manufacturing sites. Supporting and driving various initiatives
including those focused on cost-saving. Assists with the
commercialization process and formula development of new products
to ensure flawless launch while incorporating Quality and Food
Safety. Essential Duties/Responsibilities:
- Assists all manufacturing and toller locations and ensures
continuous improvement in the areas of food safety and quality
- Provide technical support for all suppliers, manufacturing
sites, warehouses, and customers.
- Support/lead continuous improvement projects.
- Proactively supports manufacturing in the execution of delivery
of Safe, Quality, Value Added Products.
- Participate in formula development (R&D) for new
- Conducts documented annual reviews and/or risk assessments with
all sites related to the Food Safety Plan and ensures CAPA
- Assists with the development, enhancements, and monitoring of
all finished product specifications and compliance.
- Act as the technical expert for surveys or consumer
- Supports the start-up of new warehouses and manufacturers and
provides the necessary operational documents.
- Conduct and assist with Whole Earth, Customer or 3rd Party
audits for the sites.
- Assist with follow-up on deviations found during Whole Earth,
Customer or 3rd Party audits.
- Provides support for the first production run(s) at all
suppliers, co-packers, and co-manufacturers.
- Provides new item codes for the new item setup program and may
assist in updating quality information in PLM.
- Proactively supports the enhancement, development, and review
of all new products as well as continuous improvement of current
products from an R&D perspective.
- Ensure all the manufacturing sites have provided all the
necessary documentation for the Positive Release of finished
product and/or raw material. Qualifications:
- B.S. in Food Science, Microbiology, Engineering, or other
- Requires great communication and customer service skills.
- Proficient in information technology tools including MS Word,
Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills across all
levels of the organization.
- Must be an effective communicator, and able to deliver messages
through presentations, written and verbal communication.
- Demonstrated proficiency in conducting and the technical
reporting of Quality and Food Safety audits.
- Ability to effectively organize/prioritize multiple
assignments, meet deadlines, and solve problems with minimal
- Must have excellent organizational and multi-tasking
- The ability to effectively work with cross-functional teams is
- Must be familiar with commercialization processes and research
- Must be familiar with food certification programs and GFSI
- Minimum of 2 years experience in progressively advancing roles
within QA, Food Safety/Regulatory, R&D, or Technical Services
in the food or pharmaceutical industries
- Up to 30% Travel.Our Benefits:We care about your total
well-being and will support you with the following:
- Health: Medical, Dental and Vision insurance
- Accident and Critical Illness Coverage
- Company Paid Life Insurance and Disability Insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Matching 401(k) (100% match up to 3%, 50% match up to 5%)
- Growth: Individual and Professional Development, Career
- Paid Time OffThe Company is committed to providing equal
opportunity for employees and applicants in all aspects of the
employment relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital
status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other
classification protected by law.
Keywords: Whole Earth Brands, Sugar Land , Quality and Food Safety Supervisor, Other , Sugar Land, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!