Med Technologist Lead
Company: CommonSpirit Health
Location: Sugar Land
Posted on: May 15, 2022
St. Lukes Health-Sugar Land Hospital offers the latest technology
and treatments for residents of Fort Bend County and Southwest
Houston. Our services range from heart care and neuroscience to
robotic surgery. Our recently opened Family Birthing Center offers
incomparable care and amenities in a spa-like environment to
provide a VIP-Very Important Pregnancy-experience. Since 2008 our
experienced doctors nurses and support staff have provided expert
care to support our community.
CommonSpirit Health was formed by the alignment of Catholic Health
Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health. With more than 700 care sites
across the U.S. & from clinics and hospitals to home-based care and
virtual care services CommonSpirit is accessible to nearly one out
of every four U.S. residents. Our world needs compassion like never
before. Our communities need caring and our families need
protection. With our combined resources CommonSpirit is committed
to building healthy communities advocating for those who are poor
and vulnerable and innovating how and where healing can happen both
inside our hospitals and out in the community.
Accurately analyzes and reports all tests ordered by the medical
staff in a timely manner to aid in the diagnosis and treatment of
patients. - Leads others by assisting and guiding staff in
decision-making, and taking on other additional responsibility.
Coordinates patient flow and the activities of the Laboratory
Department. Responsible for proper maintenance of equipment,
accreditation, and Departmental Performance Improvement.
Responsible for organizing work load as assigned. Displays
professional, safe conduct in all interactions. Maintains positive
working relationships with staff, other departments, physicians and
peers. Displays conduct in support of CHI St. Luke's Health System
Mission & Vision.
1. -Quality - completes work with accuracy and thoroughness.
2. -Productivity - efficiently utilizes time in accomplishing
3. -Customer Focus - lives organizational and departmental service
4. -Reliability - completes tasks assigned; follows up as
5. -Availability - meets attendance standards; is punctual; works
6. -Decision Making - displays sound judgment; works with minimal
7. -Initiative - seeks out productive duties in absence of
guidance; is a self-starter.
8. -Adheres to Policy - follows CHI St. Luke's Health System rules,
policies, procedures and guidelines.
9. -Interpersonal Relationships - cooperates, communicates and
works well with others.
10. -Professionalism - represents CHI St. Luke's Health System
positively in actions and appearance.
11. -Performs and results test procedures on patient specimens
adhering to the Section's Standard Operating Procedures to ensure
accurate, timely reporting. - -
12. -Ensures that major automated equipment is operational by
performing required maintenance, calibration and troubleshooting
procedures. - -
13. -Performs required Quality Control procedures and Maintains
records to ensure tests are being performed within control limits.
14. -Assists in evaluation of new procedures and equipment to
provide the physician with the most current laboratory technology.
- - -
15. -Promotes department-based goals and contributes to the success
of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor and resource to
less experienced staff.
16. -Promotes and assist in providing opportunities for continuing
education and/or teaching, training according to the Section
Performance Standards to enhance technical skills. - - -
17. -Responsible for inventory of supplies. - - -
18. -Establishes/maintains effective and respectful communication
in all collaborative relationships.Promotes department-based goals
and contributes to the success of the organization; serves as
preceptor, mentor and resource to less experienced staff.
19. -Rotates weekend/call responsibilities in a professional and
accountable fashion if applicable.
20. -Performs duties in accordance with that of hospital policies
and procedures, and regulatory agency guidelines.
21. -Accountable for maintaining required certifications. -
22. -Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Licensure
* Bachelor's Degree in Medical Laboratory Technology or Life
Sciences such as Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Immunology,
*ASCP Certification as a Medical Technologist, Medical Laboratory
Scientist or as a Specialist
*Five (5) years in a large hospital environment
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
*Strong organizational skills - -
*Ability to communicate effectively with others - -
*Critical thinking skills
Keywords: CommonSpirit Health, Sugar Land , Med Technologist Lead, Other , Sugar Land, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!