Company: ChampionX Corp.
Location: Sugar Land
Posted on: May 4, 2022
ChampionX has an immediate need for a Senior Nuclear Magnetic
Resonance (NMR) Spectroscopist located in Houston, TX.
This position will have an extensive NMR background and the desire
to collaborate alongside others in the energy industry, to perform
NMR sampling and associated data analysis, delivering internal and
external customer value through continuous improvement.
What's in it For You:
* The ability to make an impact and shape your career with a
company that is passionate about growth.
* The support of an organization that believes it is vital to
include and engage diverse people, perspectives, and ideas to
achieve our best.
* Thrive in a company that values sustainability and drives a
* Comprehensive benefits package starting day 1 of employment-
medical, dental, vision, matching 401k, and more!
What You Will Do:
* Support fellow researchers and the broader ChampionX team by
using NMR Spectroscopy to analyze samples and interpret data
* Maintain a collaborative and problem-solving mindset
* Ensure safety is the top priority
* Ph.D. in Analytical Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, Polymer
Chemistry, Materials Science (or related discipline) and 2+ years
of experience with NMR, or M.S. in Analytical Chemistry, Organic
Chemistry, Polymer Chemistry, Materials Science (or related
discipline) with 5+ years relevant industrial experience, or a B.S.
with 7+ years relevant industrial experience
* Ability to operate independently and as a part of a
* An understanding of the priority of safety is critical
(chemicals, equipment, co-workers, and self)
* Proficient knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and
* Immigration sponsorship is not available for this position
* Proficiency in NMR software (Bruker TopSpin, Agilent UNITY, ACD
* Experience troubleshooting NMR hardware/software
* Experience with at other common analytical techniques such as gas
and liquid chromatography (LC & GC) , mass selective detection
(MSD), scanning electron microscopy (SEM), X-ray fluorescence and
diffraction (XRF & XRD)
* Outgoing, creative, a self-starter, and team oriented
* Detail orientated and excellent time management skills
* Excellent written, oral, and visual communication skills to
communicate effectively with all levels of the organization, both
within and outside the business
* Experience with Specialty Chemicals in the Oil & Gas industry
About Champion X
ChampionX is a global leader in providing chemistry programs and
services, drilling technology, artificial lift solutions, and
automation technologies for the upstream and midstream oil and gas
industry. Our world-class safety culture fuels our purpose to
improve lives through our commitment to deliver sustainable
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At ChampionX, we believe the best teams are diverse and inclusive,
and we are on a journey to create a workplace where every employee
can grow and achieve their best. We are committed to fair and equal
treatment of employees and applicants. We recruit, hire, promote,
transfer and provide opportunities for advancement on the basis of
individual qualifications and job performance. In all matters
affecting employment, compensation, benefits, working conditions,
and opportunities for advancement, we will not discriminate against
any employee or applicant for employment because of race, religion,
color, creed, national origin, citizenship status, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity and expressions, genetic information,
marital status, age, disability, or status as a covered
In addition, we are committed to furthering the principles of Equal
Employment Opportunity (EEO) through Affirmative Action (AA). Our
goal is to fully utilize minority, female, disabled and covered
veteran individuals at all levels of the workforce.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including
those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the
requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City
of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance and the
San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Keywords: ChampionX Corp., Sugar Land , Lead Chemist, Other , Sugar Land, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!