OMT- Control Room Operator
Company: EthosEnergy Group
Posted on: January 17, 2022
EthosEnergy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment
decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion,
disability, genetic information, pregnancy, citizenship, marital
status, sex/gender, sexual preference/ orientation, gender
identity, age, veteran status, national origin, or any other status
protected by law or regulation.This position will primarily be
responsible for coordination and leadership of all on shift
operations. These responsibilities include the safe operation of
all plant equipment throughout a variety of operational scenarios
from cold plant startup to emergency operations during plant
upsets. This is a Control Room Operator (CRO) position and will
require excellent troubleshooting, diagnosis and decision making
and leadership skills. This position will require a good working
experience with the use of Distributive Control System (DCS)
computers to operate plant equipment and for monitoring of
equipment to measure, record and make adjustments within operating
parameters. Incumbent should have a good working knowledge of PC
computers using Microsoft Office products. Incumbents will also
assist in the development of Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)
and provide input to plant improvement items to improve plant
efficiency, reliability and safety. Must have knowledge to perform
chemical analysis and chemical control on steam, cooling and
condensate systems, and maintains chemistry logs. Ensures
compliance with all local, State and Federal regulations and plant
procedures. Regularly required to maintain plant security, operate
heavy equipment such as manlifts and forklifts, and handle and
transfer bulk chemicals.Job Responsibilities
- Regularly makes decisions on non-routine or escalated technical
- Independently prioritizes and executes responsibilities
effectively for a single trade, group of related tasks or
- Checks own work and possibly the work of others; work results
are of the highest quality standards and advanced technical
- Resolves the most complex technical issues, conferring with
Team Leader occasionally; may serve as resource to others in
resolution of complex issues.
- Works under limited supervision.
- Prioritizes own weekly schedule and may guide others in the
completion of tasks within clearly defined schedules as set by
- Regularly provides on-the-job skills training to others in
complex technical areas.
Required Skills / Knowledge
- Requires previous experience as a Combined Cycle Control Room
- Strong Steam Cycle/combined Cycle aptitude and basic
understanding of chemistry, physics, electricity and
- Senior-level; generally 5+ years directly related experience
including understanding of health and safety regulations, and
previous experience working with and around hazardous energy,
chemicals and waste materials including knowledge of safe handling,
storage, and transport.
- Performs a variety of complex technical service/support duties
requiring specialized knowledge.
- GE 7EA experience preferred.
- High School Diploma, degree from technical/vocational school,
military service or equivalent.
- Ability to do walking, reaching, climbing, and stooping and
lifting (up to 50 pounds).
ReferenceEPR005577Posting ReferenceInd1LocationWharton, TX,
Keywords: EthosEnergy Group, Sugar Land , OMT- Control Room Operator, Other , Wharton, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!