Account Finance Specialist
Location: Sugar Land
Posted on: June 6, 2021
The Account Finance Specialist is hybrid position that's
one-part Account Manager, one part Billing Specialist. In this role
you will be interacting with key internal and external stakeholders
to ensure client demands are met and accurate billing/invoices are
processed. You will facilitate the processing of incoming payments
as well as handle other non-financial tasks.
- Maintain an account control workbook (ACW) for each account
- Prepare and generate accurate and timely invoices for multiple
service types across a variety of bill cycles for assigned
portfolio of Strategic Accounts customers.
- Review data, resolve discrepancies, and enter all start/change
and cancellation data into system for assigned portfolio of
- Analyze and process all invoice adjustments requests (NAAF
form), including review and verification of information for
accuracy, reasonableness and compliance to Strategic Accounts SOX
- Serve as first point of contact, support and subject matter
expert for Strategic Account Managers (SAM), Regional Controllers
and Branch Managers, answering inquiries, reviewing, identifying
process or training issues and recommending solutions.
- Work closely with Client Accounts Payable Dept. and/or Sourcing
Leadership to answer inquiries and/or resolve any billing or
collection issues that occur
- Work closely with SAMs, Operations and Cash Applications to
ensure completeness of billing data and accuracy of invoices and
- Review and resolve unapplied cash upon notification of
- Provide aging reports to SAMs and/or responsible Operations
management monthly and ad hoc.
- Maintain the accuracy of account level billing procedures by
making prompt changes to the documentation.
- Ensure all responsibilities are executed in compliance with
policies and procedures, setting the example for field billing
- Attend all mandatory training programs, classes and remain
current on changes in policies and procedures.
- Maintain complete and organized hard and soft copy files and
audit trails on each assigned National Account for assigned
- Miscellaneous duties as assigned.
Education, Required Skills & Competencies
- Minimum of 5 years Billing experience in a fast-paced, high
volume, deadline-driven environment.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administrations, Finance,
Accounting or other business-related discipline.
- Highly proficient with spreadsheet software and MS Office
applications, i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Visio,
- Solid knowledge of standard billing practices, general accepted
accounting principles (GAAP) and Sarbanes-Oxley controls
- Ability to multi-task and complete responsibilities on time
with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to work both independently and as a part of a team with
- JD Edwards EnterpriseOne experience highly preferred.
- Must be able to communicate effectively written and
- Must be reliable and able to work overtime as needed.
Keywords: ABM, Sugar Land , Account Finance Specialist, Other , Sugar Land, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!