Admitting Representative I Part Time Days
Company: Houston Methodist
Location: Sugar Land
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Work Shift: 6:30a-7p
The Admitting Rep I is responsible for
obtaining and inputting accurate demographic and insurance
information, on the Hospital Information System (HIS) on patients,
presenting at the various entry points of the Health Center. It is
also the responsibility of the Patient Access Admitting
Representative to adhere to all departments, hospital, governmental
and/or any other healthcare licensing agency requirements related
to EMTALA and HIPAA. The Patient Access Admitting Representative
will employ effective communication skills, promoting excellent
customer service in every interaction. Competency requirements for
computer entry, as well as, insurance procedures will be
maintained. The Patient Access Admitting representative performs
cashiering functions, ensuring that all hospital accounts are
secure, through the collection of the required co-pay, deductibles
and co-insurance. Perform the medical necessity check, to ensure
compliance with Medicare guidelines.
PATIENT AGE GROUP SERVED
Neonate to Geriatric
- Contributes to the departmental and hospital patient
- Communicates openly in a non-judgmental manner and in a
professional demeanor, during all interactions with customers and
- Proactively seeks solutions to address patient issues and
concerns. Offers assistance without being prompted and takes the
initiative to perform other tasks when the area slows down.
- Consistently takes the necessary steps to ensure that protected
health information remains private and confidential, according to
established HIPAA guidelines.
- Explains the consent forms, obtains signatures on the forms,
and responds to any questions in a non-judgmental manner.
- Practices N-O-D: tells the patients his/her name, explains
his/her occupation and what he/she will be assisting the patient
- Obtains and records accurate demographic and insurance
information on patients, by interviewing patients, family members
and physicians. Ensures that the correct insurance
- plan codes are utilized for the billing process. Refrains from
issuing new medical record numbers to patients with existing
accounts and keeps errors to =<1% of total registrations.
- Attends at least 80% of all department meetings and
in-services. Offers suggestions to improve the level of service,
customer service, etc. that will improve patient satisfaction
scores. Alerts management, in a timely manner, to any unusual
and/or difficult situations impacting the level of service.
- Follows all safety rules while on the job. Reports accidents
promptly and corrects minor safety hazards. Completes all hospital
required and job related in-services and applies the information
needed. Complies with applicable laws, regulation, guidelines and
standards regarding safety and infection control issues.
- Ensures that ordered services meet established medical
necessity criteria by performing the PCA (Pathways Compliance
Advisor) or any other medical necessity check review, if and when
- Collects payments based on pre-determined information provided
by the insurance verification team. Absent this information,
proactively performs insurance eligibility and verification to
ensure reimbursement for services. If applicable, extends payment
plans, after the minimum required payment has been received.
- Accurately posts and receipts patient payments. Balances cash
drawer on a daily basis; follows the department policy related to
cash drawers and cash receipting.
- Participates in departmental and hospital performance
- Completes all hospital required and job related in-services and
applies the information as needed.
- Supports the Admitting team needs when area admission
requirements are completed and/or indicated by workdriver.
- Supports other Admission area needs and collaborates with other
departments or other HM hospitals as indicated by workdriver.
This position description is not intended
to be all inclusive, and the employee will also perform other
reasonably related business duties as assigned by the immediate
supervisor and other management as required. The Houston Methodist
Hospital reserves the right to revise or change job duties and
responsibilities as the need arises.
High School graduate or GED
1 year of registration experience in a
hospital environment preferred.
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
· Computer skills required
· HBOC-McKesson Healthquest (HIS)
· Microsoft Outlook experience
· Ability to manage multiple tasks at one
· Ability to manage a fast-paced
· Proficient in English, written and
Houston Methodist Sugar Land Hospital has been serving Fort Bend
and the surrounding counties. Residents have come to rely on a
level of compassionate care and leading-edge technology that was
once available only in the Texas Medical Center. Houston
Methodist Sugar Land Hospital tied for No. 4 in Houston and
No. 6 (three-way tie) in Texas in U.S. News & World Report’s best
hospital rankings in 2020. With 316 operating beds, 24
operating rooms and over 2,400 employees, Houston Methodist Sugar
Land Hospital was designed to provide comprehensive, personalized
care for the community.
Keywords: Houston Methodist, Sugar Land , Admitting Representative I Part Time Days, Other , Sugar Land, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!