Patient Access Rep, Business Office (8AM-9PM) - Weekends - Sugar Land
Company: Memorial Hermann-Texas Medical Center (Houston)
Location: Sugar Land
Posted on: June 6, 2021
At Memorial Hermann, were about creating exceptional experiences
for both our patients and our employees. Our goal is to provide
opportunities for our diverse employee population that develop and
grow careers in a team-oriented environment focused on patient
Every employee, at every level, begins their journey at Memorial
Hermann learning about the history of the organization and its
established culture built on trust and integrity. Our employees
drive this culture, and we want you to be a part of it.
Position is responsible for scheduling patient appointments,
ensuring medical necessity compliance, verifying eligibility, and
posting payments.Job Description
Patient Access Representative needed for the Memorial Hermann
Sugar Land Business Office.
- Full time, Day shift - 8:00 AM - 9:00 PM
- Weekends, Saturday and Sunday
- Schedule: 8am - 9pm plus one 8 hour shift during the
- Note: Additional hours available if desired
Desired Skill Set:
- Patient Access experience preferred
- Strong customer service skills
- Strong communication skills
- Detail Oriented
- Willing to work collaboratively with the team/leadership
Education: High School Diploma or GED
Experience / Knowledge / Skills:
- Two (2) years of experience in a hospital or customer service
- Ability to multi-task
- Proficient typing/keyboarding skills
- Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by
integrating our culture in all internal and external customer
interactions; delivers on our brand promise of we advance health
through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration,
compassion and results while ensuring one Memorial Hermann.
- Schedules patient appointments and enters required information
in the computer system in an accurate and timely manner.
- Obtains demographic, insurance and financial information from
patient or guarantor. Enters information in computer system with a
high degree of accuracy.
- Explains all required forms to the patient or guarantor and
obtains the necessary signatures.
- Ensures medical necessity compliance by obtaining necessary
data, reviewing Compliance System, communicating information to
patient or guarantor and obtaining necessary signatures.
- Protects the financial integrity of the facility by collecting
patient liability, establishing payment arrangements, discussing
payment options and screening for eligibility.
- Verifies insurance eligibility and benefits and ensures all
notifications and authorizations are completed within the required
- Posts payments in the computer system and generates the
appropriate patient receipts.
- Monitors, reviews and resolves patient account issues on
- Communicates in an effective and professional manner with
Physicians, ancillary departments, nursing units, physicians office
staff, insurance companies, as well as patients and their families
( all Patient Access customers). Completes thorough and accurate
- Ensures safe care to patients, staff and visitors; adheres to
all Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards within
budgetary specifications including time management, supply
management, productivity and quality of service.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by
meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education, skills
competency, supports department-based goals which contribute to the
success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor, and
resource to less experienced staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
Keywords: Memorial Hermann-Texas Medical Center (Houston), Sugar Land , Patient Access Rep, Business Office (8AM-9PM) - Weekends - Sugar Land, Other , Sugar Land, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!