Certified Nursing Assistant
Company: THE MEDICAL RESORT
Location: Sugar Land
Posted on: June 6, 2021
To provide routine daily nursing care and services that support
the care delivered to patients in the facility in accordance with
the established nursing care policy and procedure and as directed
by the Charge Nurse (RN).
- Previous inpatient rehab experience in a hospital setting is
- High School graduate or GED recipient preferred Certified Nurse
Aid Certification required.
- Computer Skills.
- Completion of certification program for Nursing Assistants
preferred or as required by State regulations. (Must have a
reliable source of transportation.)
- License/Other: Current license to practice in the State of
- CPR: Possess and maintain American Heart Association or
American Red Cross BLS for healthcare providers.
- Works utilizing guidelines established by the facility policy
- Provides care as directed by the nurse top patients/residents
residing in the facility
- Reports to the Charge Nurse any observations and pertinent
information related to the care of the patient/resident.
- Documents observations related to patient/resident care, per
- Provides services that support the care delivered to the
- Provides input in the information and evaluation of standards
- Participates in the development of unit objectives.
- Participates in the identification of staff educational
- Conducts self in a professional manner in compliance with unit
and facility policies.
- Participates in the performance improvement process, and
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
- Maintains patient/resident care supplies, equipment, and
- Serves as a preceptor to new CNA staff, as delegated.
- Works shifts, holidays, and weekends as scheduled.
- Maintains knowledge of equipment set-up, maintenance, and use
(i.e. restraints, monitors, drain devices, lifts, weight machines,
- General Patient Care
- Correctly identifies patient/resident prior to care.
- Ensures that patients/residents are approached in a kind,
gentle and friendly manner.
- Consistently provides respects for the patient/residents
dignity and privacy
- Maintains confidentiality of all patient/resident
- Reports all grievances and complaints made by the
patient/resident to the Charge/Staff Nurse.
- Provides assistance with admissions/transfers/discharges.
- Strips room after patient is transferred/discharged.
- Moves patients to the accommodate unit needs.
- Transports specimens to the appropriate areas.
- Re-stocks patient rooms.
- Keeps rooms neat and orderly
- Removes excess supplies and linens.
- Reviews care plan as directed to determine if changes in daily
are routine were made.
- Provides assistance with patient/resident care as directed but
not limited to:
- Giving baths.
- Changing linen.
- Property position patient/residents.
- Offering hydration.
- Giving AM and PM care.
- Taking vital signs.
- Assists with restorative programs as directed:
- Positioning and alignment.
- Skin integrity.
- Bowel and bladder.
- Range and motion.
- Activities of daily living.
- Emotional needs.
- Ensures that hallways are kept clear of equipment or that it is
kept on one side.
- Maintains the unit in an orderly fashion.
- Distributes and picks ups meals trays.
- Assists in feeding patient/residents at meal times, as
- Distributes, labels and removes bedpans, urinals, and emesis
basins as requested.
- Collects routine specimen as directed.
- Assists with treatments as directed.
- Promptly removes full linen and trash barrel from unit.
- Promptly answers patient/resident call lights. Provides
appropriate responses and requests.
- Maintenance of Supplies/Equipment.
- Operates all equipment in a safe manner, only for which
training has been received.
- Reports defective equipment to the nursing supervisor.
- Ensures vacant rooms are neat in appearance.
- Maintains nurses stations
- Maintains supplies at par levels abs arranges in an organized
- Keeps nurses stations neat and orderly.
- Empties full waste containers.
- Accounts for equipment on rounds and notifies nursing
supervisor of any missing equipment.
- Ensures the patients/residents environment is safe and
- Keeps shower rooms neat and clean
- Adherence to facility procedures.
- Performs appropriate procedures according to established method
in the Standards of Practice or reference manual.
- Utilizes body substance precautions and other appropriate
infection control practices with all activates.
- Follows safety guidelines established by the facility.
- Reports all accidents or incidents observed on the shift on
which they occur to the Charge Nurse and/or the nursing
- Document per facility policy (on computer or in paper
- Accurately records vital signs on the appropriate form.
- Accurately records intake and output on the appropriate
- Records patient/resident weights on the appropriate form.
- Maintains CNA flow sheet as appropriate.
- Documents restorative program and progress towards goals.
- Uses only Company-approved abbreviations when recording
- Reports all changes in a patients/residents condition as soon
as possible to the Charge Nurse (LVN/RN).
- Reports to nurse supervisor prior to leaving assigned
- Attends all staff meetings/in-service
- Reports patient/resident/employee/unit problems to the nursing
- Make decisions that reflect both knowledge and good
- Shows evidence of awareness of own limitations and seeks
assistance when necessary.
- Adheres to dress code and facility attendance policy.
- Attends committee meetings, if assigned. Reports related to the
committee are given during staff meetings.
- Takes responsibility for own professional growth. Attends and
participates in all scheduled training, educational and orientation
classes, programs and activities including annual mandatory
- Follows work schedules and completes assigned tasks according
to the established standards of the facility.
- Notifies the nursing supervisor when tardy or absent from work
within established facility time frames and according to facilitys
- Demonstrates organizational ability and time management.
- Respects confidentiality of patient/resident at all times (i.e.
when answering telephone and/or speaking to co-workers.)
- Cooperates with inter-departmental personnel to ensure that he
needs of the patients/residents are met and maintained.
- Demonstrates a positive working relationship with
patients/residents, visitors and facility staff.
- Acknowledges authority and exhibits appropriate response to the
direction of supervisors.
- Spends time with patients/residents rather than other
- Readily assists co-workers as needed.
- Attends in service and educational programs.
- Attends continuing education required for maintenance of
professional certification or licensure.
- Ability to communicate in English via phone, in writing, and
verbally in conversation with different levels of staff, patient
families, and any outside customers.
- The physical demands described are representative of those that
must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential
functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- Works in office areas as well as throughout the Facility. Must
be able to move about intermittently during working hours including
standing, lifting, bending, stooping, twisting, pushing and
- Must be able to transfer patients and assists in emergency
- Interacts with patients, family members, staff, visitors,
government agencies/personnel, etc., under all
- May be exposed to infectious waste, diseases, conditions, etc.,
including exposure to the AIDS and Hepatitis B viruses.
Acknowledgement of Job Title
I understand the job description, its requirements, and that I
am expected to complete all duties as assigned. I understand the
job duties may be altered from these duties. I have noted below any
accommodations that are required to enable me to perform these
duties. I have also noted below any job duties that I am unable to
perform, with or without accommodations.
Keywords: THE MEDICAL RESORT, Sugar Land , Certified Nursing Assistant, Other , Sugar Land, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!