Company: Goodwill Houston Temporary Services
Location: Sugar Land
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Job Title: Temporary Apparel Sorter
Department: Goodwill Temporary Services
Reports To: GTS Manager and Donated Goods
Retail (DGR) Store Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt (Temporary)
To help people achieve their full potential through the dignity
and power of work. The sale of donated and new goods at Goodwill
Houston (GWH) enables the organization to offer a variety of
training and employment services, promote self-sufficiency and
contribute to community conservation through repurposing, reusing
Responsible for sorting through soft line donations, separating
salvage from sellable items and be able to select exceptional items
to be set aside for boutique pricing. The Team Member is
responsible for performing assigned duties and work within the
framework of GWH's Mission and all policies and procedures. To
ensure the efficient and cost-effective operation and stewardship
of GWH to maximize profitability to enhance our Mission.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for sorting soft goods (clothing, linens, etc.)
according to GWH guidelines to maximize productivity for the
- Must carefully inspect all items to ensure they meet GWH
- Ability to work quickly to meet required GWH production
standards, five (5) to seven (7) duros per shift.
- Provide excellent customer service.
- Greet each customer and assist with basic questions about store
operations and merchandise as needed.
- Assist with keeping production supplies available.
- Assist with loading and unloading merchandise as needed.
- Receive and record donations as needed.
- Assist with sorting donations according to GWH guidelines as
- Notify Manager of low or overstocked merchandise.
- Assist with the security and safety of GWH Team Members and
- Assist in floor recovery as needed.
- Perform necessary janitorial work.
- Demonstrate professionalism and presents a friendly,
- Ability to multi-task, make quick decisions and work in a team
oriented, fast paced environment.
- Must be punctual and have dependable attendance.
- Must conduct work in a safe manner; maintain good housekeeping
standards, have all aisles and pathways to fire exists clear and
free from clutter, keep work areas neat and clean.
Adheres to all GWH policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management
- Must report all work incidents and injuries
- Ability to communicate and interact well with a variety of
- Poses excellent customer service skills.
- Retail sales experience is preferred.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule.
- Must have reliable transportation.
Physical Requirements/Work Environment:
ability to stand, twist, bend, squat, reach, kneel, push and pull.
Able to lift, up to, 40 lbs. and, occasionally, lift/move items, up
to, 100 lbs. (e.g. large bags of donations, televisions, furniture,
etc.) Must be able to stand for extended periods of time.
Indoor work environment with occasional exposure to outside
temperatures. The noise level in the normal work environment is,
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Keywords: Goodwill Houston Temporary Services, Sugar Land , Apparel Sorter, Other , Sugar Land, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!