Make Lives Better Including Your Own.
The happiness of those we serve is
dependent on the happiness of our associates, so youll receive
competitive compensation and a benefits package with additional
perks designed to make you smile. The work you do will be
challenging yet rewarding. But youll earn more than a paycheck; you
can enjoy opportunities to grow your career, as well as ongoing
programs catered to your health, financial, mental, and emotional
needs. Most of all, we believe you can find purpose, meaning, and
the chance to be a part of something bigger than yourself.
Veterans, transitioning active duty
military personnel, and military spouses are encouraged to
We believe that in order to best serve our
residents and patients, we need to first serve our associates. One
way we do that is through our benefits. Our offerings include, but
are not limited to:
Full-time and part-time associate
401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
Benefit plan package
Employee Stock Purchase Program
Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
Associate Compassion Fund
Identity theft protection
Pet savings and insurance plans
Voluntary benefits available
Extensive Insurance Plans, including
medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, health savings
account and more.
Paid Time Off
Company-provided life insurance and
accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D)
Voluntary STD and LTD
Under minimal supervision oversees the
housekeeping staff. Coordinates and performs housekeeping services
to ensure a high standard of cleanliness both inside and outside
the community. Assists staff in completing housekeeping duties, as
- Supervises housekeeping staff and coordinates staffing
schedules to ensure the proper cleaning of offices, public areas,
residences, and community grounds. Conducts regular inspections of
all resident and public areas.
- Plans and schedules cleaning programs, including but not
limited to annuals, move-in preparations, and carpet cleaning.
- Monitors inventory levels, orders all equipment and supplies
needed for department, and ensures the safe handling and storage of
- Assists in scheduling and conducting training sessions and
department meetings for housekeeping personnel.
- Ensures staff is trained on the safe handling of cleaning
chemicals in accordance withdepartment guidelines and assures
compliance with local, state, and federal safety standards, MSDS,
OSHA, EPA and other applicable rules and regulations.
- May assist with monitoring the budget for the housekeeping
- Prepares resident charges/billing for housekeeping services
- Assists housekeeping staff with cleaning duties, including
cleaning floors, restrooms, kitchens, resident apartments and other
areas as needed.
- Strives to maintain a safe working environment through
theprevention of accidents, the preservation of equipment, and the
achievement of safe working practices.
This job description represents an
overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position.
It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of
responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as
assigned by his/her supervisor.
High school diploma or General Education
Diploma (GED). Minimum of one year related experience and/or
training. Previous experience or training in supervision and
Certifications, Licenses, and Other
Uses limited independent judgment to make
decisions based on precedents and established guidelines. Solves
problems using standard procedures and precedents. Knows when to
refer issues to supervisor and when to handle them personally.
Knowledge and Skills
Has a working knowledge of a skill or discipline that requires
basic analytic ability. Has an overall understanding of the work
environment and process. Has working knowledge of the organization.
Ability to use tact and judgment in dealing with varied
personalities. Need to be flexible with schedule and time
deadlines. Ability tosupervise and schedule staff.
Physical Demands and Working
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- Reach with hands and arms
- Climb or balance
- Stoop, kneel, crouch crawl
- Talk or hear
- Ability to lift: up to50 pounds
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
- Occasional weekend, evening or night work if needed to ensure
- Possible exposure to communicable diseases and infections
- Exposure to latex
- Possible exposure to blood-borne pathogens
- Possible exposure to various drugs, chemical, infectious, or
- Subject to injury from falls, burns, odors, or cuts from
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer
and a drug-free workplace.