Hospice Chaplain - PRN
Location: Sugar Land
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Reports to: Executive Director
As a Chaplain you will:
* Provide direct pastoral non-denominational care to Hospice
patients and families including spiritual assessment, crisis
intervention, counseling and linkage with spiritual resources.
* Assess spiritual needs of patients/families/caregivers in a
timely manner, and provide consultation. Contact patient/family's
preferred spiritual advisor to ensure ongoing involvement and to
invite participation in interdisciplinary care planning when
requested by team member or patient/family member.
* Contact clergy or spiritual counselors to assist in spiritual
care of patients and family members.
* Develop and document plan for spiritual care, in conjunction with
the interdisciplinary team when requested by team member or
* Evaluate and revise plan for spiritual care of
patients/families/caregivers with the interdisciplinary team on an
* Maintain records of spiritual care services utilization and
related activities for quality assurance, program development and
policy and procedure review and revision.
* Provide consultation, education, and support to the
interdisciplinary team on spiritual care. Participate in staff
meetings, department meetings, team meetings, briefings,
in-services, committees and other related activities as needed.
* Establish networks with faith communities throughout the service
area for the purposes of teaching about the hospice philosophy and
enlisting aid in providing spiritual support.
* Provide for funeral or memorial services for patients as
requested; conduct memorial services in nursing homes as requested;
conduct or offer memorial services for family members served by
* Comply with local, state and federal laws, Medicare regulations,
JCAHO standards and established policies and procedures.
Requirements of Qualified Candidates
* Graduate of accredited seminary or school of theology (B.D.,
M.Div. or equivalent theological degree), or degree in counseling,
or equivalent experience
* Five years of experience working with death and dying as it
relates to the individual, family and caregiver
* Prior hospice experience is preferred but not required
* Must have valid state driver's license, reliable transportation
and auto insurance
* Comfort in an interfaith setting. Ability to accept different
lifestyles, cultures, beliefs and values
* Ability to network with community clergy and congregations
* Understanding of Hospice philosophy, principles of death/dying.
Compliance with accepted professional standards and practices
* Ability to provide accurate written documentation in a timely
* Self-directed with the ability to work with little supervision.
Flexible and cooperative in fulfilling all obligations
* Must have the ability to function autonomously and possess
effective time management skills
Keywords: AccentCare, Sugar Land , Hospice Chaplain - PRN, Other , Sugar Land, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!