RN Clinical Coordinator - General Surgical, Nights
Company: Memorial Hermann Health System
Location: Sugar Land
Posted on: January 16, 2020
At Memorial Hermann, we're about creating exceptional experiences
for both our patients and our employees. Our goal is to provide
opportunities for our diverse employee population that develop and
grow careers in a team-oriented environment focused on patient
Every employee, at every level, begins their journey at Memorial
Hermann learning about the history of the organization and its
established culture built on trust and integrity. Our employees
drive this culture, and we want you to be a part of it.Job
SummaryResponsible for serving as a clinical expert in the delivery
and management of comprehensive patient care, utilizing research
and evidence-based practice as necessary; for expertly caring for
patients from multiple services/specialties, and for more complex
diagnosis.Job DescriptionMinimum QualificationsEducation:Graduate
of an accredited School of Professional Nursing; Bachelors of
Nursing preferredLicenses/Certifications: -
- Current State of Texas license or temporary/compact license to
practice professional nursing -
- Certified in Basic Life Support required
- Additional certifications may be required based on discipline
and/or nursing unit requirementsExperience / -Knowledge / Skills:
- Three (3) years nursing experience in area of specialty
- Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by
integrating our culture in all internal and external customer
interactions; delivers on our brand promise of "we advance health"
through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration,
compassion and results while ensuring one Memorial
- Plans, coordinates, and directs all activities between the
interdisciplinary team to direct and facilitate departmental
throughput in order to attain positive outcomes.
- Coordinates with ancillary departments such as lab, radiology,
registration, and bed board to ensure proper turn-around
- Makes daily assignments for all personnel according to the
applicable skills inventory and the age and needs of the
- Identifies and utilizes available resources to resolve
problems; coordinates and collaborates with other clinical
coordinators ensuring departmental staffing coverage.
- Acts as a liaison, to departmental staff, medical personnel,
patients and family members; assist in any patient care concerns,
issues and complaints; conducts daily leadership rounding on
- Utilizes critical thinking and sound clinical judgment and
works autonomously to solve problems.
- Escalates issues or notifies nursing leader/supervisor of
significant occurrences, intervention, or delays, as
- Facilitates resolution to patient problems and concerns,
ensuring appropriate service recovery.
- Acts as a mentor/coach to assigned staff and provides input
into the annual performance review of those staff members.
- Participates in a systemic, interdisciplinary, and ongoing
evaluation of programs, process improvement and desired
- Considers the diverse needs of each patient through the entire
continuum of care, providing and ensuring the highest level of
service according to established service standards, optimizing the
- Adheres to all regulatory and Texas Board of Nursing
- Ensures safe care to patients, staff and visitors; adheres to
all Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards within
budgetary specifications including time management, supply
management, productivity and quality of service.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by
meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education and skills
competency; supports department-based goals which contribute to the
success of the organization; may serve as preceptor, mentor and
resource to less experienced staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
Keywords: Memorial Hermann Health System, Sugar Land , RN Clinical Coordinator - General Surgical, Nights, Other , Sugar Land, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!