Senior Java Software Developer
Location: Sugar Land
Posted on: April 12, 2019
Senior Java Software Developer
Primary Location Only: Houston, TX
Find Your Forward at Fiserv, a Fortune 500 company, and join the
industry leader in financial services technology. Youll find a
reciprocal environment that values collaboration and flexibility.
Our rare combination of expertise and creative spirit helps us
deliver the most comprehensive financial solutions to banks and
What does an exceptional Senior Software Developer do?
We're looking for a Senior Software Developer to help in building
out core development of our products. This is an API,
microservices, application development opportunity, with
third-party service integrations and cloud infrastructure. As a
Software Engineer, you will be a part of small but growing team of
talented people responsible for customizing and implementing a
sophisticated enterprise banking software in a fast-paced results
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Collaborate on the execution of the product, design and
- Work with the product owner to provide technical insight and
guidance into the product roadmap.
- Assist in establishing coding, software design approaches and
standards and ensure the product teams are adhering to standard
- Review process, components and dependencies with the
architecture team to ensure alignment with technical strategy.
- Focus on eliminating any pressing technical impediments to the
- Stay up to date with technology advancement and ensure our
product technology stack is optimized for strategic growth.
- Provide inspiration and guidance to the growing team; champion
a culture of openness, collaboration and innovation.
- Design and develop core extensions to an innovative web
- Be a standout colleague, who is passionate about development,
and is anxious to learn from other high-level developers.
- Be a team player, ability to collaborate idea sharing in strong
- Able to actively communicate, inspire and motivate all levels
- Work with multiple engineering teams, and multi-functional
- Adhere to Agile Sprints, Delivery Framework, and SDLC best
The above statements are intended only to describe the general
nature of the job, and should not be construed as an all-inclusive
list of position responsibilities.
- Bachelor's degree in CIS, MIS, EE, or other related degrees.
Will consider prior Java Development experience with High School
Diploma, in lieu of college degree.
- 10+ years of hands-on experience Software Development.
- 10+ years of Java Development.
- 8+ years of applying Spring components: Core, Boot, Data, MVC,
- 4+ years of relational database design & modeling.
- 1+ year or exposure to administering & consuming AWS services
or other public.
- Experience designing and maintaining large-scale web
- Solid grasp of software design patterns and principles.
- Strong verbal and written communication, with ability to
interact with all levels of an organization.
- Masters Degree or Cloud Technology certifications.
- Advanced understanding of the Java programming language and
- Knowledge of the entire Spring platform including Boot and
- Experience building distributed / service oriented /
microservices-style and cloud-based application architectures.
- Experience with security concepts such as API Authentication
and Security Token Service.
- Containerization experience with applications deployed on
Docker or Kubernetes.
- Advanced knowledge of the AWS platform.
- Experience with cloud infrastructure support in mixed Linux and
- Related banking industry experience in platforms, banking
applications, or online financial solutions.
Travel: Ability to travel up to 10%
Who we are:
Fiserv has been a trusted name in financial services technology for
more than 35 years. Were leading the digital transformation of
financial services, helping financial institutions, billers and
consumers move and manage money securely, expertly and with ease
through our creative solutions and deep expertise.
For the sixth consecutive year, and the eighth time in the last 10
years, Fiserv has been named one of the FORTUNE Magazine "Worlds
Most Admired Companies--."
Were looking for the best and the brightest to join our global team
of experts, so if youre seeking an environment where leadership,
teamwork and innovation are valued, and career development is
meaningful to you, youre in the right place.
Fiserv is an equal opportunity employer/disability/vet
Keywords: Fiserv, Sugar Land , Senior Java Software Developer, IT / Software / Systems , Sugar Land, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!