Sr Technical Lead
Location: Sugar Land
Posted on: January 14, 2019
Nalco Champion, an Ecolab Company, is seeking a Senior Technical Lead in our Energy Services group who will have a major role in supporting Sales/Account Representatives through problem solving skills, product development, and recommendation writing, while providing a gateway of communication to Research and Development. Technical Representatives provide support to Research and Development by communicating field needs and sharing ideas of advancing technology. If you are a passionate technical professional that likes to work in an autonomous, hands-on environment, we invite you to apply.
Whats in it For You:
- Flexible, independent work environment where you will manage a monthly schedule
- Access to best in class resources, tools, and technology
- Develop your career as you drive growth
- Thrive in a company that values a culture of safety to include top-notch safety training and personal protection equipment
- Comprehensive benefits package starting day 1 of employment- medical, dental, vision, matching 401k, company paid pension, stock purchase plan, tuition reimbursement and more!
What You Will Do:
- Act as a the technical selling role viewed internally and externally as a subject matter expert providing product leadership and people development.
- Viewed as highly competent in product development and works with other subject matter experts across product lines to develop and improve products and applications.
- Actively manages regional product suites including profitability and optimization.
- Writes industry papers, best practices, and product/application guides and solves problems where limited standardization exists.
- Very knowledgeable of current Product Line and its Applications Work closely with current and new customers to understand business needs and recommend continuous improvement and innovation plans that will maintain and grow sales within assigned territory.
- Leverage extensive product, service, and market knowledge in customer dialogue. Monitor local and regional competition, market shares, and pricing within assigned area.
- Develop strong relationships with key stakeholders in current and new customers, including plant or facility executives.
- Execute sales plans in assigned customer base and new customer accounts to meet defined territory profit increase goals. Provide technical support to customers; identifying and resolving customer complaints, escalating as required.
- Engage in problem solving by performing system analysis, interpreting data and providing written recommendations to ensure customer operations are performing at optimal levels.
- Show initiative by bringing new ideas and technologies to the district.
- Collaborate in cross-functional projects within Nalco Champion, promoting the transfer of knowledge as well as the delivery of innovative processes and programs.
- Must have the ability to Lift/Push/Pull/Carry up to 55 pounds chest high
- Bachelors Degree
- Ability to travel within a geographic territory
- Ability to travel overnight for business
- Must have a valid Drivers License and acceptable Motor Vehicle Record
- No immigration sponsorship offered for this role
- Bachelors degree in Engineering (Chemical, Mechanical, Industrial), or Life Sciences (Biology, Chemistry, etc.)
- 10+ years of successful technical support experience
- Experience in oil and gas industry preferred
- Previous Refinery/Petrochemical experience
- Water treatment or specialty chemical industry experience
- Working knowledge of boilers, cooling towers, and wastewater treatment systems
- High computer application literacy (including Microsoft Office Suite, and ability to learn internal business systems)
- History of working in a field that required autonomy and self-motivation
- Prior experience that required excellent communication skills
- Prior experience that required excellent organizational skills
- Account leadership experience that includes calling on multilevel plant or facilities management to accomplish company goals
- Prior experience that demonstrates a strong work ethic and ability to multitask
Keywords: Ecolab, Sugar Land , Sr Technical Lead, IT / Software / Systems , Sugar Land, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!