Company: Memorial Hermann Health System
Location: Sugar Land
Posted on: November 30, 2019
At Memorial Hermann, we------re about creating exceptional
experiences for both our patients and our employees. Our goal is to
provide opportunities for our diverse employee population that
develop and grow careers in a team-oriented environment focused on
Every employee, at every level, begins their journey at Memorial
Hermann learning about the history of the organization and its
established culture built on trust and integrity. Our employees
drive this culture, and we want you to be a part of it.Job
SummaryPosition is responsible for assisting the Pharmacist in the
provision of pharmaceutical care by performing technical and
clerical duties associated with the operation of the Pharmacy.Job
DescriptionMinimum QualificationsMust be a minimum of 18 years of
ageEducation: High School diploma orGEDLicenses/Certifications:
- Current Pharmacy Tech certification or Pharmacist Intern
- Pharmacy Sterile Product certification through accredited
program is required if incumbent compounds sterile
productsExperience / Knowledge/ Skills:
- Two (2) years hospital pharmacy experience is preferred
- Must have knowledge of medical terminology
- Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by
integrating our culture in all internal and external customer
interactions; delivers on our brand promise of ------we advance
health------ through innovation, accountability, empowerment,
collaboration, compassion and results while ensuring one Memorial
Hermann.Pharmacy Technician II requires proficiency and routine
activity in a minimum of three (3) skills from List I or a minimum
of one (1) --skill from List II --that's --being --performed as the
primary role of the jobList I:
- Distribution (Unit Dose/PYXIS)
- Satellite operation (i.e. OR, Pediatrics, etc.)List II:
- IV admixturePrincipal Accountabilities
- Selects prescribed medications according to dosage and strength
indicated on patient medication file or cart-fill list. -- Delivers
medications to the patient care areas.
- Stocks and monitors drug inventory levels, ensuring adequate
and up-to-date supplies.
- Inspects and maintains emergency medication trays.
- Packages and labels unit dose oral liquids/tablets, and
maintains pre-pack records.
- Responds to oral requests for medications from nursing
personnel and other departments.
- Posts and codes patient pharmaceutical charges and credits into
automated system, and returns credited medication to inventory. --
Reviews patient billing records for accuracy.
- Prepares intravenous antimicrobials, large volume parenterals,
adult and neonatal TPN solutions, epidurals and intravenous
- Documents Quality Improvement activities for the I.V. Room,
e.g. hood cleaning, refrigeration temperature log, aseptic
- Follows processes to ensure all medications are compliant to
technology safety checks.
- Prepares sterile products in an accurate and aseptic manner
- Attends to customers as a liaison and gathers a medication
history if applicable.
- Properly manage pharmaceutical waste.
- Ensures safe care to patients, staff and visitors; adheres to
all Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards within
budgetary specifications including time management, supply
management, productivity and quality of service
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by
meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education, skills
competency, supports department-based goals which contribute to the
success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor, and
resource to less experienced staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
Keywords: Memorial Hermann Health System, Sugar Land , Pharmacy Technician, Healthcare , Sugar Land, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!