RN Clinical Coordinator, Physicians at Sugar Creek
Company: Memorial Hermann Health System
Location: Sugar Land
Posted on: November 6, 2019
At Memorial Hermann, we're about creating exceptional experiences
for both our patients and our employees. Our goal is to provide
opportunities for our diverse employee population that develop and
grow careers in a team-oriented environment focused on patient
Every employee, at every level, begins their journey at Memorial
Hermann learning about the history of the organization and its
established culture built on trust and integrity. Our employees
drive this culture, and we want you to be a part of it.Job
SummaryPosition is responsible for assisting management in
overseeing departmental operations including mentoring other
employees as a quality improvement coordinator, ensuring accurate
completion of registration, monitoring and correction of reports,
data integrity, accuracy and continuity of processes, handling
escalated issues, scheduling staff, and staff training and
education. Performs general administrative duties in accordance
with TJC, CLIA, HIPAA, NCQA and government standards, as well as
company policies and procedures. All patient care is under the
direction of a physician and within the scope of a practice.Job
- Education: - Graduate of an accredited school of professional
nursing required. - Bachelor's degree in nursing is preferred.
- Experience: -Five (5) years of clinical experience is
- Licenses/Certifications:Current State of Texas license/permit
to practice professional Nursing (RN) and Current American Heart
Association BLS/CPR certification or within 30 days of hire.
- Demonstrates ability to maintain good communications; ability
to establish and maintain positive working relationships with
employees, physicians, patients, families, and the public. Working
knowledge of ICD9/10 and CPT coding and insurance procedures.
- Works primarily a pre-determined schedule but occasional
requirements to work evenings or weekends depending on patient care
needs may exist; ability to float to other clinic practices as
needed is an expectation.
- Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by
integrating our culture in all internal and external customer
interactions; delivers on our brand promise of "we advance health"
through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration,
compassion and results while ensuring One Memorial
- Acts as the on-site clinical coordinator providing guidance and
direction to the care team. - Oversees clinical workflow of the
practice to ensure quality of care delivered and patient
satisfaction is optimal.
- Will resolve minor patient scheduling, insurance, and
satisfaction complaints and escalate as necessary.
- Completes quality review and monitors for process improvement
- Participates in educational endeavors of department ; may serve
as clinical super user for EMR.
- Maintains knowledge base of processes and systems by attending
update meetings and review training, represents department in
meetings as needed.
- Interacts with all staff levels to insure resolution of issues
Monitors assigned reports for data integrity.
- Researches and corrects accounts as required.
- Protects the financial integrity of the facility by ensuring
accuracy of all functions performed by staff across all
departmental areas of responsibility.
- Participates in preparation and presentation of department
staff meetings, education, and in-services.
- Communicates in an effective and professional manner with all
Patient Access customers, including physicians, care management,
ancillary departments, nursing units, and physicians' office
- Cross trains to perform patient access tasks, including: - take
messages and assist providers with return phone calls to patients
and pharmacies appropriately.
- Provides direct patient care within scope of
certification/license as required. Supports HR processes including
coaching and mentoring of staff.
- Participates in appropriate role in disasters, fire drills,
fires and other emergency situations and intervenes with clinical
- Complies with and promotes safety and emergency
- Exercises care in the operation and use of equipment and
- Performs routine cleaning and preventative maintenance to
ensure continued functioning of equipment.
- Maintain work areas in a clean, safe and organized manner.
- Ensures safe care to patients, staff and visitors; adheres to
all Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards within
budgetary specifications including time management, supply
management, productivity and quality of service.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by
meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education and skills
competency; supports department-based goals which contribute to the
success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor and
resource to less experienced staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
Keywords: Memorial Hermann Health System, Sugar Land , RN Clinical Coordinator, Physicians at Sugar Creek, Healthcare , Sugar Land, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!