Registered Nurse Emergency Services Nights
Company: CHI St. Lukes Health
Location: Sugar Land
Posted on: March 13, 2019
St. Lukes Sugar Land Hospital is an acute care hospital offering medical and surgical services to the Fort Bend community. Clinical services include heart and vascular, gastroenterology, neurosciences, diagnostic imaging, women services, orthopedics, and surgical services including the latest in robotic surgery technology, the da Vinci-- Xi. The hospital offers The University of Texas MD Anderson Regional Care Center on its campus. Sugar Land Hospital is a Pink Ribbon Facility offering 3-D digital mammography-one of only 100 sites in the United States
Responsible for the delivery of excellence in patient care through assessing, formulating nursing diagnoses and establishing goals, planning and implementing intervention and evaluating patient care outcomes. With the staff nurse's professional practice he/she will be responsible for participating in and maintaining quality, cost effectiveness and guest relations. Provide patient care in compliance with hospital policies and procedures and the standards of professional nursing practice as defined by the Board of Nurse Examiners for the State of Texas.
We are looking for a responsible and compassionate Registered Nurse with top-notch clinical skills, a caring attitude, and the ability to work independently with minimal supervision. It is also important to display excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills as well as the ability to effectively educate patients and their families on the in-home healthcare process.
Additional requirements for this role include:
- Current Registered Nurse (RN) license that allows you to practice in our state
- Graduate of an accredited nursing program
- Experience as a Registered Nurse preferred
- Basic Life Support (BLS) required
- Specialty certification (ex: CCRN, CNOR, CEN) preferred
- Additional certification or licensure may be required for some specialty areas
As a Registered Nurse, you will be responsible for delivering the highest quality patient care according to the specific orders of each patients individual physician. This will involve, utilizing your knowledge and skills to educate patients and their families on prevention and healthy habits.
Additional responsibilities for this health care role include:
- Utilizes the nursing process to ensure appropriate patient care is provided in a cost effective, quality driven, and patient focused manner. Collects pertinent social, psychological, developmental and spiritual data from the patient, significant others and other health care team members.
- Performs as ongoing assessment, formulates nursing diagnosis and goals, plans appropriate interventions, and evaluates the outcome of the interventions.
- Consistently documents in the patient and unit records according to written health system standards of care in order to meet legal and quality patient care requirements.
- Provides appropriate teaching and information to patients and families including information on Pain Management, Nutrition, Skin Integrity, Fall prevention, Diabetes, Disease Process, Smoking Cessation, and Discharge instructions.
- Demonstrates commitment to the goals and values of the patient, Hospital, community and nursing profession through cost containment measures, maintaining confidentiality, appropriate ethical decision making, and ensuring patient safety.
- Uses interventions substantiated by research as appropriate in the patient population, Participates in research activities, identifies opportunities for research, and collaborates with the Outcomes managers and department.
- Participates in quality of care activities, evaluates the quality and the effectiveness of nursing practice. Assists in collecting quality data, analyzes the data, and formulates action plans to improve quality care.
- Requisition ID: 2018-R0192492
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Night Job
Keywords: CHI St. Lukes Health, Sugar Land , Registered Nurse Emergency Services Nights, Healthcare , Sugar Land, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!