Patient Care Assistant/Unit Administrative Assistant - Medical ICU Nights
Company: Houston Methodist
Location: Sugar Land
Posted on: December 1, 2018
Houston Methodist Sugar Land Hospital
16655 Southwest Fwy
Sugar Land, TX
Category: Nursing Assistant
Job Type: Full-Time
Work Shift: 7p-7a
Work Week: Full Time
Houston Methodist Sugar Land Hospital is seeking an experienced PCA to work full time 7p-7a for the Medical ICU.
SUMMARY: To assist in the delivery of patient care and services and/or secretarial duties to defined patient groups and their families under direction of the RN, Manager, Director and Administrator on Call.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Provides care, including treatments and procedures, to patients assigned within unit specific defined limits.
2. Reports observations, conditions and problems of patients to the licensed nurse.
3. Records care administered according to established procedures.
4. Demonstrates knowledge and appropriate use of the hospital systems to include clinical equipment and serves as a resource to physicians, patients, visitors, and staff.
5. Maintains and accurately processes and updates unit and patient records, e.g., transcription of physician orders, discharge disposition codes, computer data entries, medical records, identification labels, patients` valuable, etc. Ensures confidentiality.
6. Coordinates scheduling of tests with the healthcare team and other departments to achieve cost-effective and positive patient outcomes.
7. Inventories, monitors and orders supplies to maintain par levels.
8. Organizes the work flow, problem-solves, and manages multiple ongoing priorities with minimal supervision.
9. Maintains an orderly environment that facilitates access to supplies, manuals, and other resource information.
10. Follows channels of communication for effective problem solving.
11. Participates as team player.
12. Demonstrates the components of the I CARE Values statement (Integrity, Compassion, Accountability, Respect, and Excellence).
13. Demonstrates ServicePride standards (smiles and makes eye contact: greets each patient and visitor: seeks out patient and visitor contact: displays appropriate body language at all times: takes 5 minutes each day to go above and beyond for one patient or visitor: honors diversity: thanks every customer).
14. Follows all safety rules while on the job. Reports all accidents promptly and corrects minor safety hazards. Communications with peers and management regarding any hazards identified in the workplace.
15. Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Must have at least 6 months of previous experience as a PCA and/or successful completion of Nursing Assistant program (certification as CNA) and/or completion of Clinical rotation within an accredited Nursing program in addition to at least 1 year of unit secretary experience or secretarial/office experience in a medical office that includes computer applications.
- Medical terminology preferred.CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED:
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Required.WORKING:
Patient Care Units: Walking, standing, pushing, lifting (50 pounds minimum) is required. Universal precautions required. Significant potential exposure to latex.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Houston Methodist is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal employment opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Houston Methodist is firmly bound. Houston Methodist will not engage in discrimination against or harassment of any person employed or seeking employment with Houston Methodist on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor - priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
Since 1998, Houston MethodistSugar Land Hospital has been serving Fort Bend and the surrounding counties. Residents have come to rely on a level of compassionate care and leading-edge technology that was once available only in the Texas Medical Center. With 243 licensed beds, 20 operating rooms and over 1,900employees, Houston Methodist Sugar Land Hospital was designed to provide comprehensive, personalized care for the community.
At Houston Methodist, we take our responsibility as the region’s premier health care system seriously.With a national reputation for excellence in patient care, education and research, we hold ourselves — and the careers we build — to a higher standard. We invite you to find your place among the best of the best, and to stand with us in earning the trust of millions of people across the Houston Metro area every day.Houston Methodist is comprised of a nationally recognized academic medical center and six community hospitals with a history of health care innovation. For the tenth straight year we have been named to FORTUNE’s list of “100 Best Companies to Work For” and have also been ranked the no.1 hospital in Texas by U.S. News & World Report.Discover the difference for yourself and join Houston Methodist.
Keywords: Houston Methodist, Sugar Land , Patient Care Assistant/Unit Administrative Assistant - Medical ICU Nights, Healthcare , Sugar Land, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!