Senior Oncology Research Nurse (RN) - Sugarland, TX - Oncology
Company: US Oncology, Inc
Location: Sugar Land
Posted on: March 13, 2023
Senior Oncology Research Nurse (RN) - Sugarland, TXOverview
Texas Oncology requires new employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 as defined by the CDC, subject to applicable, verified accommodation requests.
Texas Oncology is looking for a Senior Oncology Research Nurse (RN) to join our team! This position will support Sugarland, Texas location. This is a Full-time Monday - Friday position with no weekends, call, or major holidays. Texas Oncology is the largest community oncology provider in the country and has approximately 600+ providers in 220+ sites across Texas and southeastern Oklahoma. Our founders pioneered community-based cancer care because they believed in making the best available cancer care accessible to all communities, allowing people to fight cancer at home with the critical support of family and friends nearby. Our mission is still the same today-at Texas Oncology, we use leading-edge technology and research to deliver high-quality, high-touch, evidence-based cancer care to help our patients achieve "More breakthroughs. More victories." -- in their fight against cancer. Today, Texas Oncology treats half of all Texans diagnosed with cancer on an annual basis.
Why work for us?
Come join our team that is responsible for helping lead Texas Oncology in treating more patient diagnosed with cancer than any other provider in Texas. We offer our employees a competitive benefits package that includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short-term and Long-term disability coverage, a generous PTO program, a 401k plan that comes with a company match, a Wellness program that rewards you practicing a healthy lifestyle, and lots of other great perks such as Tuition Reimbursement, an Employee Assistance program and discounts on some of your favorite retailers.
What does the Oncology Research Nurse (RN) do?
This position offers a unique and exciting opportunity to work as a nurse in oncology clinical research. As a Clinical Research Nurse, you will provide care for patients receiving cutting-edge treatments within the oncology clinic. This position provides a variety of responsibilities while developing rewarding relationships as you manage the cancer patient throughout their journey. Texas Oncology provides opportunities for support of your professional development to include tuition reimbursement and an annual bonus for oncology certified nurses. Working in clinical research gives you the opportunity to make a life-changing difference in the lives of patients that wouldn't be possible without clinical trials.
The essential duties and responsibilities:
* Work closely with physicians to identify and screen potential patients for clinical trial participation
* Present trial concepts and details to oncology patients while conducting the informed consent process.
* Assess patients for adverse events and/or changes in condition
* Provide staff and patient education regarding the management and administration of investigational product
* Ensure accurate and timely documentation and data entry to meet trial requirements
* Serve as a liaison between clinic departments to ensure proper trial conduct
* Oversees the preparation of orders by physicians to assure that protocol compliance is maintained.
* Enters orders to assure that protocol compliance is maintained.
* Responsible for compiling and reporting protocol activity, accrual data, and research financials to practice administration and physicians.
* May be responsible for the development of practice research budgets.
* Maintains regulatory documents in accordance with USOR SOP and applicable regulations.
* Participate in scheduling monitoring and auditing visits. Interacts with the monitors/auditors while onsite.
The ideal candidate for the Senior Oncology Research Nurse (RN) will have the following background and experience:
* Graduate from an accredited program for nursing education required (BSN preferred)
* Current licensure as a registered nurse in state of practice
* Current BLCS or ACLS certification required
* Minimum 7 years of nursing experience required, preferably in oncology
* Previous management and/or leadership experience
* Experience in clinical research strongly preferred
* OCN certification strongly preferred
* CCRC or CCRP certification preferred
Environment (Office, warehouse, etc.)
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. There is a possible exposure to communicable diseases, toxic substances, ionizing radiation, medical preparations and other conditions common to an oncology/hematology clinic environment.
Physical Requirements (Lifting, standing, etc.)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Requires full range of body motion including handling and lifting patients, manual and finger dexterity, and eye-hand coordination. Requires standing and walking for extensive periods of time. Occasionally lifts and carries items weighing up to 40 lbs. Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range.
Texas Oncology is part of the US Oncology Network and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
Senior Oncology Research Nurse (RN) - Sugarland, TXOverview
Keywords: US Oncology, Inc, Sugar Land , Senior Oncology Research Nurse (RN) - Sugarland, TX - Oncology, Healthcare , Sugar Land, Texas
here to apply!