CNA - PRN - Wharton Area
Company: The Care Team
Posted on: November 26, 2022
The Care Team The care you deserve and the support you need.
Come join our growing team! The Care Team / Crossroads Hospice is
looking for a Part-Time CNA in Wharton, TX and surrounding areas.
If you have Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday availability
between the hours of 8:30 - 4:30pm - we want to hear from you!
Patients will primarily be in the Wharton area. We specialize in
providing Hospice in the home and facilities. If you are looking
for a new and exciting opportunity, we encourage you to apply
today. At the Care Team we offer:
- Engaging Company Culture
- Competitive Compensation and Excellent Benefits
- Growth from within through training, supportive leadership, and
collaboration with the best of the best in your field
- Independence, Autonomy, and Flexibility!
- Innovation and industry-leading systems and technology
Additionally, the CNA will:
- CNA/HHA under the direction and ongoing supervision of the
registered nurse, provides essential personal care assistance to
- Bath, care of mouth, skin, and hair.
- A bathroom or in using bedpan or commode.
- Bed transfers as well as ambulation activities as ordered under
the care plan.
- Range of motion exercises which the Aide has been taught by
appropriate professional personnel
- Performing such incidental household services as are essential
to the patient's well being at home.
- Preparing meals including a special diet.
- Takes a patient's temperature, pulse, respiration, and blood
pressure if assigned by a registered nurse.
- Assists with shopping if the patient has no other resources
- CNA/HHA provides emotional support and compassionate care to
the patient and family unit.
- CNA/HHA Demonstrates listening skills.
- Offers encouragement when appropriate.
- Practices patience in voice and manner.
- CNA/HHA maintains required competency and skills.
- Documented initial and ongoing every 14-day supervision and
evaluation by RN on each case assignment.
- The clinical record shall contain notes for each service
provided. A clinical note will be completed for each visit made to
a patients home (including a private residence, assisted living
facility, group homes, or skilled nursing facility) within 48 hours
of the visit.
- Participates in an annual performance review.
- Reports any changes in the patient's condition or family
situation immediately by calling the Hospice office and notifying
- Practices Standard Precautions according to OSHA regulations
- Adheres to all policies and procedural guidelines.
- Attends at least twelve (12) hours of in-service education
programs per year.
- Maintains current certification as required by the State.
- Maintains current knowledge and practice of infectious disease
protocols. CNA/HHA CNA/HHA CNA/HHA CNA/HHA CNA/HHARequirements
- Maintains the agencys mission, philosophy, and core
- Ensures compliance with agency policies and procedures
regarding operations/processes, including but not limited to those
regarding patient care, patient complaints, incidents, safety, and
- Always maintains patient confidentiality, including all HIPAA
regulations. Regulatory Requirements
- Licensed or registered in the State of Texas.
- Must pass a criminal background check & MVR check.
- Completed health statements acknowledging the ability to
perform the duties of the position.
- Valid state drivers license.
- Proof of current automobile insurance.
- TB testing per agency policy Industry experience
- Minimum 2 years of experience as a CNA, preferred.
- Active patient contact within the past three years is
- High School Diploma or GED
- Graduate from an approved training and competency course.
Nothing in this job description restricts managements right to
assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to or from this job
at any time. It is not designed to contain nor be interpreted as a
comprehensive account of all the responsibilities or qualifications
required of an employee assigned to this job. These job duties may
be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or
Keywords: The Care Team, Sugar Land , CNA - PRN - Wharton Area, Healthcare , Wharton, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!