Registered Nurse (RN) - Med Surg - $30-38 per hour
Company: HCA Houston Healthcare
Location: Sugar Land
Posted on: September 23, 2022
HCA Houston Healthcare is seeking a Registered Nurse (RN) Med
Surg for a nursing job in Houston, Texas.Job Description &
- Specialty: Med Surg
- Discipline: RN
- Start Date: ASAP
- Duration: Ongoing
- 36 hours per week
- Shift: 12 hours, nights, flexible
- Employment Type: PermanentDescription SHIFT: Nights (rotating
weekends)SCHEDULE: Full-timeDo you want to be a part of a family
and not just another employee? Are you looking for a work
environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your
application today and find out what it truly means to be a part of
We value your contributions. Our employee recognition programs
encourage our teams to raise the bar. We are currently seeking
a--Registered Nurse--to join our family. Come be a part of the
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including
competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth
opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do
excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical,
dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement,
employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and
student loan repayment program. We would love to talk to you about
this fantastic opportunity.
HCA Houston Healthcare Northwest - Houston, TX
Registered Nurse (RN) Medical Surgical 6 N
HCA Houston Healthcare Northwest is a 423-bed acute care hospital
that has been serving the north Houston community for more than 40
years, providing a wide range of medical services including
cardiology, maternity care, neonatal intensive care, pediatrics,
bariatrics and neurology.
HCA Houston Healthcare Northwest is affiliated with HCA Houston
Healthcare, part of the HCA Healthcare Gulf Coast Division. The
division is a comprehensive network of hospitals, outpatient
surgery centers, emergency centers and diagnostic imaging
facilities in greater Houston, Corpus Christi and South Texas.
Facilities include: 17 hospitals, nine ambulatory care centers, 13
off-campus emergency centers, and a regional transfer center.
What you will do in this role:
- Under the general direction of the Director/Manager the
Registered Nurse is responsible for the provision of safe and
effective care to patients admitted for specialized care.
- Demonstrates proficient knowledge regarding operation of
- Demonstrates proficiency in performance of job-related
- Demonstrates current knowledge of medications, actions,
contraindications, and adverse reactions.
- Consistently attends and actively participates in unit
- Serves as a participant on Nursing service committees and/or
- Accountable for maintaining and improving own professional
nursing knowledge/competence through establishment of personal
goals and continuous self-development
- Uses job knowledge/proficiency of skills to successfully assist
in orientation of new employees
- Ensures personal safety and the safety of patients and
- Includes principles of infection control in nursing care
- Keeps self-informed of various changes and concerns through the
use of Meditech, communication books, etc.
- Demonstrates knowledge of Patient safety goals.
- Completes other duties assigned
- Adheres the Customer Service Principles of HCA Houston
Northwest Medical Center
- Supports hospital mission, objectives, decisions, and
- Identifies and assists when a CNA is in need of RN assistance
for completion of patient care assignments
Qualifications What qualifications you will need:
- Current Texas Licensure with State Board of Nurse
- Associates Degree in Nursing required, Bachelor's Degree in
Nursing (BSN) preferred
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association Basic Life
Support Course (BLS or BLCLS) and Certification
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association Advanced Life
Support Course (ALS or ACLS) and Certification within six months of
HCA Healthcare ranks on Fortune's list of Most Admired Companies
for three consecutive years and HCA ranks 63rd on the fortune 500
list. In addition Ethisphere named HCA as one of the World's Most
Ethical Companies. We want you to join our tradition of excellence.
Intrigued? We'd love to hear from you.
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply.
We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified
you will hear from one of our Talent Acquisition Team. We are
actively interviewing so apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our
company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion,
color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital
status, veteran status, or disability status.HCA Houston Healthcare
Job ID #26920-145870. Pay package is based on 12 hour shifts and 36
hours per week (subject to confirmation). Posted job title:
Registered Nurse (RN) Medical Surgical 6 North
Keywords: HCA Houston Healthcare, Sugar Land , Registered Nurse (RN) - Med Surg - $30-38 per hour, Healthcare , Sugar Land, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!