Manager Registered Nurse (RN) - Rehabilitation - $79K-98K per year
Company: HCA Houston Healthcare
Location: Sugar Land
Posted on: August 4, 2022
HCA Houston Healthcare is seeking a Registered Nurse (RN)
Rehabilitation Manager for a nursing job in Houston, Texas.Job
Description & Requirements
- Specialty: Rehabilitation
- Discipline: RN
- Start Date: ASAP
- Duration: Ongoing
- 40 hours per week
- Shift: 8 hours
- Employment Type: PermanentDescription SHIFT: No
WeekendsSCHEDULE: Full-timeDo you have the career opportunities you
want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you
to join the nation's largest provider of healthcare services as a
Manager (RN) Rehab.--
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including
competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth
opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do
excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO, medical,
dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement,
employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and
student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this
HCA Houston Healthcare Northwest - Houston, Texas
Manager (RN) Rehab
HCA Houston Healthcare Northwest is a 423-bed acute care hospital
that has been serving the north Houston community for more than 40
years, providing a wide range of medical services including
cardiology, maternity care, neonatal intensive care, pediatrics,
bariatrics and neurology.
HCA Houston Healthcare Northwest is affiliated with HCA Houston
Healthcare, part of the HCA Healthcare Gulf Coast Division. The
division is a comprehensive network of hospitals, outpatient
surgery centers, emergency centers and diagnostic imaging
facilities in greater Houston, Corpus Christi and South Texas.
Facilities include: 17 hospitals, nine ambulatory care centers, 13
off-campus emergency centers, and a regional transfer center.
What you will do in this role:.
- Demonstrates knowledge of human growth and development,
assessment, range of treatment and care of patients appropriate to
ages of patients served.--
- Assumes responsibility for clinical and resource management of
- Assumes responsibility for employee, physician and patient
satisfaction for quality of care.--
- Promotes hospital customer service initiatives.
- Oversees care of all patients on unit, providing support and
expertise to staff.
- Continually assesses and assigns patient care.
- Responsible for workflow of unit by ensuring proper staff
levels; adherence to all productivity and budget
- Ensures quality of patient care and assists in patient care as
- Responsible for the financial integrity of the unit; regular
review of DOR information and communication to Rehab management
- Handles all staffing needs and personnel management; including
interviewing, hiring and training new staff members, including all
- Creates an environment and culture that enables Rehabilitation
Services to fulfill the mission of the Hospital and meets or exceed
- Responsible for the development and implementation of the
rehabilitation strategic plan, being consistently aware of the
changing rehabilitation market.
- Responsible for the financial viability of Rehabilitation
Services, coordinating the submittal of accurate and timely billing
and clinical information.-- Develops and strives for achievement of
financial objectives, including the development and implementation
of budgetary guidelines.-- Directs and manages the resources of
Rehabilitation Services in an ethical, viable manner.-- Provides
input for the negotiation of rehabilitation specific rates in
negotiated payment structures/contracts.-- Oversight of the PAI
functions, insurance approval processes and submission of all UDS
information in a timely manner.
- Assures the development of quality rehabilitation programming
to meet market needs in collaboration with the Medical Director and
other clinical staff.
- Ensures the supply of appropriate resources to support the
programs, services, organizational structure and staffing levels
necessary for quality rehabilitation services.
- Actively encourages the integration of rehabilitation services
into the continuum of care of the Hospital and community.
- Establishes operations and processes to support, facilitate,
and maintain uniform performance of patient care including
- Ensures CARE tools competency of staff and that facility is
CARE tool certified.
- Provides a safe, secure, and infection/hazard-free
- Directs the development, implementation, and monitoring of the
quality management plan for acute rehabilitation services,
including outcome measurement.-- Facilitates interdepartmental
- Evaluates the effectiveness of rehabilitation operational
systems and leadership on a regular basis.
- Demonstrates high ethical standards in customer service through
all interactions with the patients, families, coworkers, staff,
other hospital departments, physicians, community and all
- Creates a high quality, professional clinical environment to
facilitate the necessary recruitment and retention of appropriate
numbers of qualified staff.-- Ultimately responsible for the timely
assessment of competencies and performance of all staff.--
Facilitates ongoing educational opportunities for the staff, as
well as patients, professional associates, physicians, and the
- Develops a retention plan for nursing staff.
- Maintains overall ethical compliance with
regulatory/accreditation agencies and other payor sources.
- Represents Rehabilitation Services to the leadership of the
- Acts as an advocate for Rehabilitation Services to the Hospital
and the community.
Qualifications What qualifications you will need:
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- Current state licensure (RN)
- BSN/MSN preferred
- Certification (CRRN) preferred
HCA Healthcare ranks on Fortune's list of Most Admired Companies
for three consecutive years and HCA ranks 63rd on the fortune 500
list. In addition Ethisphere named HCA as one of the World's Most
Ethical Companies. We want you to join our tradition of excellence.
Intrigued? We'd love to hear from you.
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply.
We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified
you will hear from one of our recruiters. We are actively
interviewing so apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our
company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion,
color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital
status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next
possibility within your career and we take your candidate
experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no
recruiter or employee will request financial or personal
information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank
information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not
email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If
you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us
know by clicking--here.
For questions about your job application or this site please
contact HCAhrAnswers at option 1.HCA Houston Healthcare Job ID
#4439_2655. Pay package is based on 8 hour shifts and 40 hours per
week (subject to confirmation). Posted job title: Manager (RN)
Keywords: HCA Houston Healthcare, Sugar Land , Manager Registered Nurse (RN) - Rehabilitation - $79K-98K per year, Healthcare , Sugar Land, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!