Registered Nurse, Dialysis - Sugar Land, Texas - Dialysis
Company: Kindred Hospital - Sugar Land
Location: Sugar Land
Posted on: July 31, 2022
Registered Nurse, Dialysis - Sugar Land, TexasDescriptionWhat
makes Kindred Healthcare a great place to work? Our people, of
course! Our Registered Nurses answer this special calling because
they have a fundamental, internal drive to directly help people. In
return, we serve, develop and respect our employees in environments
created to optimize their job effectiveness, experience, and
satisfaction. This is who we are. -- Who are you? To succeed in our
high-energy, high reward environment, our nurses provide
compassionate critical care and deliver exceptional patient
experiences, meaningful outcomes, and bonds for life. -- As the
most acute level of care in Kindred's continuum, our transitional
care hospitals offer the same critical care patients receive in a
traditional hospital or intensive care unit, but for an extended
recovery period. Our Registered Nurses play a vital role in the
recovery process for chronic, critically ill and medically complex
patients. -- As a Dialysis Registered Nurse / RN you will:
- The Dialysis Registered Nurse / RN provides professional
nursing care to patients of the Hospital and under the license of
the Hospital in need of renal replacement therapy.--
- This position reports directly to the Dialysis Program Manager
or Dialysis Supervisor for the respective facility.
- Documents patient's physical assessment, vital signs, patients
treatment reviews and observations in patient medical records;
brings issues to the attention of the physician and primary
- Documents, evaluates and implements dialysis orders.
- Analyzes patient assessments, dialysis orders, laboratory
results and discusses issues with the nephrologist.
- Communicates emergencies, patient life-threatening
complications, and related incidents to supervisor, hospital staff,
and the patient's physician.
- Provides initiation and discontinuation of the prescribed renal
replacement therapy, including but not limited to formulating a
plan per physician orders, verifying safety measures are in place
and complied with, administering medications or other appropriate
treatments, and documenting all activity appropriately on the
hemodialysis flow sheet or hospital EMR. QualificationsAs a
Dialysis Registered Nurse / RN you will have:
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing preferred.
- Current Registered Nurse / RN license in the state of practice
- Current CPR certification through American Heart
- Minimum 1--year dialysis experience in an acute care or chronic
- Basic computer skills and proficiency in MS Word and Outlook
Keywords: Kindred Hospital - Sugar Land, Sugar Land , Registered Nurse, Dialysis - Sugar Land, Texas - Dialysis, Healthcare , Sugar Land, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!