RN Transfer Center Patient Placement
Company: HCA Houston Healthcare
Location: Sugar Land
Posted on: January 13, 2022
DescriptionIntroductionDo you have the career opportunities as
a(an) RN Transfer Center Patient Placement you want in your current
role? We invest in what matters most to nurses like you - at home,
at work, and at every stage in your career. We have an exciting
opportunity for you to join HCA Houston Healthcare which is a part
of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA
Healthcare.BenefitsWe are committed to providing benefits that
matter to nurses. At HCA Houston Healthcare, our benefits package
offers eligible colleagues an attractive benefit package that
includes medical, wellbeing, dental and vision benefits along with
some unique benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Flexible
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Personal Leave
- 401K (100% annual match - 3% to 9% of pay based on years of
- Academic Assistance and Reimbursements for Tuition and Student
- Employee Discounts including Tickets, Retail, Mental Health
Apps, Education Apps, Identity Theft Protection etc.
- Home, Auto, and Pet Insurance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability coverage
- Adoption Assistance
- Legal Benefits and lots more!Learn more about Employee
BenefitsThe HCA Texas Transfer Center handles the patient movement
and logistics for 22 HCA hospitals and free-standing emergency
rooms across north Texas, our mission is to assist in the clinical
placement and movement of critical patients both into and out of
our facilities providing timely access to care for our patients
when minutes matter the most. The transfer center is staffed 24/7
with seasoned clinical professionals who collaborate between
physicians, hospitals, and other immediate health care settings to
coordinate the timely movement of high acuity patients such as
STEMI, stroke, trauma, neonatal care, and so forth.Job Summary and
- You will coordinate ambulance transfers from the HCA Division
hospitals to other facilities and post-acute care providers.
- You will work in a customer-centric transfer and transport call
center; respond to all callers with the aid of an electronic
database of service profiles, approved clinical protocols and
- You will efficiently and effectively, manage all hospital
transfers. Consult with on-call physicians regarding patient care
issues, needs and concerns and advise when appropriate.
- You will work collaboratively with HCA facilities to manage all
internal and external patient movements and the allocation of bed
- You will accept all hospital transfers. Must be proficient in
- You will apply your nursing knowledge derived from education
and experience as foundation for gathering appropriate clinical
data to ensure appropriate placement, transfer facilitation,
communication, and accurate documentation.
- You will facilitate inner facility transfers, maintaining
communication with all parties including but not limited to
attending/accepting MD and referring facility.
- You will communicate with physicians and outlying facilities if
placement of a specific patient will be problematic. Use
problem-solving skills to determine the best course of action,
which will be satisfactory to the patient, the MD, and the
- You will be responsible for documenting and tracking all
hospital transfers and transports.
- You will assist in data collection, monitoring, evaluation, and
analyzing of transfer problems for the purpose of developing and
implementing protocols, policies and procedures.
- You will exhibit excellent customer relationship skills
including telephone and personal contact with all of the call
center's customer groups, i.e. physicians and their office staffs,
nurses, vendors and fellow employees, etc.
- You will establish and maintains a high degree of awareness and
knowledge of participating HCA hospital's medical staff, services
and special programsEducation
- Graduate from an accredited nursing program
- Current license to practice professional nursing in the state
- Minimum 3 years acute care RN experiencePreferences
- BSN or Bachelor's degree in nursing
- 3 years of Critical Care nursing to include ED, ICU and/or
House Supervisor experienceHCA Healthcare has been named one of the
World's Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere Institute for over a
decade. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7
billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured
discounts, and other uncompensated expenses."Bricks and mortar do
not make a hospital. People do."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-FounderIf this opportunity is your next step in
your career path, we encourage you to apply for our RN Transfer
Center Patient Placement opening. We review all applications.
Qualified candidates will be contacted by a member of our team. We
are interviewing apply today!We are an equal opportunity employer
and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the
basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual
orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability
Keywords: HCA Houston Healthcare, Sugar Land , RN Transfer Center Patient Placement, Healthcare , Sugar Land, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!