Registered Nurse (RN) Emergency Room
Company: HCA Houston Healthcare West
Location: Sugar Land
Posted on: November 18, 2021
SHIFT: Mixed (rotating weekends)
"SIGN-ON BONUS" AVAILABLE!
Do you want to be a part of a family and not just another employee?
Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and
inclusion thrive? Submit your application today and find out what
it truly means to be a part of a team.
We value your contributions. Our employee recognition programs
encourage our teams to raise the bar. We are currently seeking a
Registered Nurse to join our family. Come be a part of the
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including
competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth
opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do
excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical,
dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement,
employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and
student loan repayment program. We would love to talk to you about
this fantastic opportunity.
HCA Houston Healthcare West - Houston, TX
Registered Nurse (RN) - Emergency Room (ER)
HCA Houston Healthcare West is a 266-bed acute care hospital that
provides a range of health services. It is recognized as a
Certified Primary Stroke Center by the Joint Commission and, under
an affiliation agreement with The Woman's Hospital of Texas, brings
to its community The Woman's Hospital of Texas at West Houston, a
three-story cardiac and critical care tower. The Sugar Land Cancer
Center and the Sugar Land Diagnostic Center, departments with HCA
Houston Healthcare West, are located on the Southwest Freeway at
the Williams Trace and Sugar Lakes exit.
HCA Houston Healthcare West is affiliated with HCA Houston
Healthcare, part of the HCA Healthcare Gulf Coast Division. The
division is a comprehensive network of hospitals, outpatient
surgery centers, emergency centers and diagnostic imaging
facilities in greater Houston, Corpus Christi and South Texas.
Facilities include: 17 hospitals, nine ambulatory care centers, 13
off-campus emergency centers, and a regional transfer center.
What you will do in this role:
* Monitors and maintains high standards regarding patient care and
oversees compliance with core measures on applicable patients.
* Facilitates communication with patients, physicians, guests, and
co-workers as appropriate to position.
* Protects confidentiality of patients/coworkers, respecting their
dignity, privacy, and differences.
* Consistently demonstrates behavior which reflects that working as
a team is more important than self-interest.
* Demonstrates interpersonal competencies such as problem-solving,
negotiation, and conflict management to improve team work.
* Consistently provides outstanding service to all patients,
physicians, fellow employees, and guests as appropriate to
* Displays initiative to see processes through to completion and
offers assistance without being asked.
* Consistently responds to requests in a timely manner.
* Ensures that all required diagnostic and therapeutic
interventions are completed in a timely manner and documented.
* Formulates a plan of care for each patient based on nursing
diagnoses/patient problems derived from patient assessments.
* Delegates nursing care activities to members of the nursing team
based on patient care needs and competencies of available nursing
* Actively participates in department committees and group meetings
with a focus on providing input to improve the quality of
What qualifications you will need:
* Current Texas Licensure with State Board of Nurse Examiners
* Associates Degree in Nursing required, Bachelor's Degree in
Nursing (BSN) preferred
* American Red Cross or American Heart Association Basic Life
Support Course (BLS or BLCLS) and Certification
* American Red Cross or American Heart Association Advanced Life
Support Course (ALS or ACLS) and Certification
* American Red Cross or American Heart Association Pediatric
Advanced Life Support Course (PALS) and Certification
* Trauma Nurse Core Course (TNCC) required
* Certified Emergency Nurse (CEN) preferred
* Current National Institute of Health Stroke Scale Certification
* NIMS 100 and 700 training required or must obtain within 90 days
* One year Emergency Services (ED) experience in acute care
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next
possibility within your career and we take your candidate
experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no
recruiter or employee will request financial or personal
information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank
information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not
email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If
you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us
know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please
contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Keywords: HCA Houston Healthcare West, Sugar Land , Registered Nurse (RN) Emergency Room, Healthcare , Sugar Land, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!