Senior Manager, Accounting/Financial Operations
Company: Cubic Corporation
Location: Sugar Land
Posted on: November 13, 2019
Cubic Transportation Systems
Trafficware, a Cubic company, is the leading provider of
intelligent traffic solutions for the transportation industry.
Based in Sugar Land, TX., Trafficware provides a fully integrated,
innovative suite of software, Internet of Things (IoT) devices and
hardware solutions that provide customers with enhanced mobility
and improved safety.
Trafficware is an integral part of the Cubic Transportation Systems
(CTS) business unit. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit and
thrive in an innovative environment, we want to talk to you about
your next role at Trafficware-Cubic!
JOB SUMMARY: Provides information and support for all aspects of
program cost while providing a supportive role to the program
schedule department. Provides senior management with continual
assessment of program/product line performance, and especially with
early warning of potential problems so that appropriate, timely
corrective actions may be instituted to preserve Company financial
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Guides and develops Cubic Policy and Procedures associated with
program planning and scheduling administration and assures
consistent application across all company projects.
* Maintains the Cubic Management Control System Description and
ensures timely and consistent application across all company
* Provides monthly business cadence, ensuring that the program
finance team is marching in step with all other finance and
business departments, including our global portfolio.
* Consolidates and analyzes financial data from PFO teams for
analysis and reporting to leadership.
* Oversees the Program Status Report (PSR) and other BI report
updates. Responsible for the accuracy, integrity, final
publication, and distribution of reports within Cubic.
* Ongoing analysis of program assets, ensuring book and market
values are in alignment.
* Supervises and trains department staff to improve individual and
organizational performance. Evaluates staff performance and
provides positive feedback. Prepares or reviews annual performance
evaluations for the Program Financial Operations (PFO)
* Design standardized financial models utilizing advanced MS Excel,
Business Objects, and SAP functionalities for use in conducting
monthly, quarterly, and annual budgeting, forecasting and reporting
* Build and manage project and program costing models, custom and
ad-hoc reports, and dashboards for use by Project/Program Managers,
Team Leads, Business Unit Managers and Senior Management
* Prepares or reviews proposal inputs for the PFO department.
* Reviews all external (customer) cost/schedule reports.
* Approves and summarizes all product line business plans.
* Supports executive management in analyzing complex financial data
and scenarios and reviews analyses prepared by PFO staff members
* Ensures the accuracy and integrity of all program financial and
schedule data compiled for various levels of management.
* Team with FP&A on forecasting and planning items.
* Supervise a team of Financial Analysts and staff possessing
various levels of experience as well as technical and soft
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
* Four-year college degree, or equivalent, in business
administration, accounting or related field plus ten years related
* Five years supervisory experience required. Prior management and
team leadership experience desired.
* Able to prioritize work, complete multiple tasks, and work under
* Able to concentrate, focus, and perform the most complex
analyses. Logical approach to problem solving.
* Adept analytical and numerical skills required including
knowledge of earned value management techniques.
* Must be able to work at a computer for extended periods of
* Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills.
PREFERRED JOB REQUIREMENTS:
* CPA preferred or exam eligible
* Demonstrated proficiency with SAP
* 5 years Financial Modeling
* Earned Value Management knowledge
The description provided above is not intended to be an exhaustive
list of all job duties, responsibilities and requirements. Duties,
responsibilities and requirements may change over time and
according to business need.
Cubic is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We
are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer,
We are committed to ensuring a workplace free of discrimination
based on race, color, religion, age, disability, genetic
information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national
origin, military or veteran status, and any other basis protected
by applicable law
Keywords: Cubic Corporation, Sugar Land , Senior Manager, Accounting/Financial Operations, Executive , Sugar Land, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!