Director Financial Planning
Company: Memorial Hermann Health System
Location: Sugar Land
Posted on: September 13, 2019
At Memorial Hermann, we're about creating exceptional experiences
for both our patients and our employees. Our goal is to provide
opportunities for our diverse employee population that develop and
grow careers in a team-oriented environment focused on patient
Every employee, at every level, begins their journey at Memorial
Hermann learning about the history of the organization and its
established culture built on trust and integrity. Our employees
drive this culture, and we want you to be a part of it.Job
SummaryPosition is responsible for overseeing financial operations,
including the development of policies and procedures, establishment
of internal controls, and adherence to corporate standards as it
pertains to Memorial Hermann Health Plans. The Director
participates in the strategic development and implementation of
financial plans involving operational budgeting, reimbursement
strategies, long range financial planning, and financial
Prior health insurance experience highly preferred.Job
DescriptionMinimum QualificationsEducation: Bachelors degree in
Accounting, Economics, or Finance; MBA
desiredLicenses/Certifications:Certified Public Accountant license
preferredExperience / Knowledge / Skills:
- 10 -years of progressive financial management experience. -
Four years of supervisory experience preferred
- Ability to establish and maintain rapport, and work effectively
with external contacts including auditors, bankers, bond trustees
- Strong PC skills
- Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by
integrating our culture in all internal and external customer
interactions; delivers on our brand promise of "we advance health"
through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration,
compassion and results while ensuring one Memorial
- Develops, recommends implements and monitors corporate
financial policies and procedures, and establishes internal
controls to safeguard the assets of the Corporation. -
- Directs or participates in annual audit process.
- Coordinates and develops plans with external auditors;
supervises development of lead schedules and supporting schedules
for auditors; monitors progress; generates financial statements for
inclusion in audit report.
- Directs annual budget process for facilities and/or system
- Develops and monitors timetables; establishes guidelines and
formats for development of budgets.
- Approves monthly financial statements and accompanying
documents; coordinates financial information for Board of Directors
- Coordinates all external financial reporting and tax reporting;
distributes audited financial statements and interim financial
results as needed/required by external sources.
- Directs and monitors financial programs ensuring available
funds are invested to optimize earnings for the organization.
Manages available working capital at adequate levels.
- Provides assistance and documentation for staff in completion
of their assignments; ensures adherence to internal control
- Evaluates and recommends new/upgraded automated accounting and
financial management systems.
- Ensures safe care to patients, staffs and visitors; adheres to
all Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards, within
budgetary specifications, including time management, supply
management, productivity, and accuracy of practice.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by
meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education, skills
competency, supports department-based goals which contribute to the
success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor, and
resource to less experienced staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
Keywords: Memorial Hermann Health System, Sugar Land , Director Financial Planning, Executive , Sugar Land, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!