Ambulatory Pharmacy Director
Company: Memorial Hermann Health System
Location: Sugar Land
Posted on: September 13, 2019
At Memorial Hermann, we're about creating exceptional experiences
for both our patients and our employees. Our goal is to provide
opportunities for our diverse employee population that develop and
grow careers in a team-oriented environment focused on patient
Every employee, at every level, begins their journey at Memorial
Hermann learning about the history of the organization and its
established culture built on trust and integrity. Our employees
drive this culture, and we want you to be a part of it.Job
SummaryThe Director, Ambulatory Pharmacy Services is responsible
for the overall operation and clinical components of ambulatory
pharmacy services for all ambulatory services including but not
limited to pharmacies and home infusion. This position will also
provide and support strategic initiatives specifically with 340B,
Specialty Pharmacy, population health management PBM, and
transitions of care. Will work in collaboration with operation and
clinical leadership. The Director, Ambulatory Pharmacy Services
will provide support to improve patient care, operational
efficiency, and ensure the development of ambulatory care services
throughout the organization.
The position reports to the System Vice President of Pharmacy.Job
DescriptionMinimum QualificationsEducation: Bachelor's degree in
Pharmacy or Doctor of Pharmacy and Master's Degree, preferably in
Science, Health Administration or Business
- Licensed as a Registered Pharmacist by the Texas State Board of
- Board certification in Pharmacotherapy or other specialty
required within 12 months of employmentExperience / Knowledge /
- Five or more (5+) -years of leadership or management
experience, preferably in ambulatory care
- Ability to solve problems, establish trust and credibility and
deal effectively with a highly matrixed, rapidly changing
- Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by
integrating our culture in all internal and external customer
interactions; delivers on our brand promise of "We Advance Health"
through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration,
compassion and results while ensuring one Memorial
- Provides oversight, direction and leadership for ambulatory
functions such as retail services and home infusion as well as
support 340B, specialty services, and clinical ambulatory such as
population health, transitions of care and PBM.
- Serves as a positive role model to staff, ensuring that
customer service is a priority.
- Establishes scope of services and develops annual
implementation plans which contribute to organizational strategic
- Communicates with staff and promotes staff ownership in problem
solving and participation in operational decision-making.
- Prepares annual budget, controls and reduces costs, forecasts
operational needs, and reviews expenditures to ensure budget limits
are not exceeded.
- Coordinates monthly financial reporting and analysis,
including, but not limited to, metric reporting, scorecards, and
variance analysis and reporting.
- Ensures safe care to patients, staff and visitors; adheres to
all Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards within
budgetary specifications including time management, supply
management, productivity and quality of service.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by
meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education and skills
competency; supports department-based goals which contribute to the
success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor and
resource to less experienced staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
Keywords: Memorial Hermann Health System, Sugar Land , Ambulatory Pharmacy Director, Executive , Sugar Land, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!