Procurement Director (Chemicals) - Sugar Land/Houston, TX
Company: Baker Hughes, a GE Company
Location: Sugar Land
Posted on: June 15, 2019
Baker Hughes, a GE company is seeking a Procurement Director in
Houston/Sugar Land, TX to lead a global Procurement team for
Chemicals. In this role you will lead the buying process for a
given set of goods. Apply sourcing policy, interface between
supplier and entity with respect to specifications and budgets.
Deep technical expertise within a field. Has comprehensive
knowledge of underlying principles, approaches and methodology.
- Prepare and communicate PL Procurement Strategy to business
leaders and President on a quarterly basis
- Align with and work closely with Strategic Sourcing team
- Track record in sourcing suppliers and negotiating tenders for
key areas of the SC
- Ability to develop relationships and build rapport with
existing and new suppliers
- Develop clear tiers of supply network, devise strategy to grow,
maintain or exit across the world to improve business
- Build effective operational rhythm of our buying teams, PIR
control, negotiation, supplier communication, quality actions and
transactional SAP excellence
- Knowledge of producing cost savings strategies and proven
success to drive cost out
- Great analytical mindset be able to make decisive decisions
within a fast-paced environment
- Highly motivated to improve the Procurement operational
effectiveness across the Product Line
- Committed to create and communicate career step ladders for the
team to engage and inspire
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college
- Minimum of 5 years in Buying/Procurement/Sourcing
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems.
- Demonstrated ability to lead programs / projects.
- Ability to document, plan, market, and execute programs.
Established project management skills
Houston/Sugar Land, TX
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color,
religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran
status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more
Keywords: Baker Hughes, a GE Company, Sugar Land , Procurement Director (Chemicals) - Sugar Land/Houston, TX, Executive , Sugar Land, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!