Manager Registered Nurse (RN) - CVOR - $33-58 per hour
Company: Memorial Hermann Health System
Location: Sugar Land
Posted on: September 23, 2022
Memorial Hermann Health System is seeking a Registered Nurse
(RN) CVOR Manager for a nursing job in Houston, Texas.Job
Description & Requirements
- Specialty: CVOR
- Discipline: RN
- Start Date: ASAP
- Duration: Ongoing
- 40 hours per week
- Shift: 8 hours, days, nights
- Employment Type: Permanent
At Memorial Hermann, we're about creating exceptional experiences
for both our patients and our employees. Our goal is to provide
opportunities for our diverse employee population that develop and
grow careers in a team-oriented environment focused on patient
care.Every employee, at every level, begins their journey at
Memorial Hermann learning about the history of the organization and
its established culture built on trust and integrity. Our employees
drive this culture, and we want you to be a part of it.Job
SummaryAssistant Nurse Manager position to cover the PreOp, PACU,
and OR services. Job Profile SummaryPosition responsible for
supporting the Nurse Manager in providing leadership to the
department - overseeing the daily operations - managing and
developing departmental staff, collaborating with the
interdisciplinary team in the delivery of patient care, utilizing
the nursing process, ensuring the delivery of quality care to
patients. Position responsible for 24/7 (as appropriate) support of
the department/unit. Typically reports to a Manager, Nursing or
Director, Nursing.Must be able to demonstrate knowledge and skills
necessary to provide care appropriate to the patient served. Must
demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development
as it relates to the different life cyclesJob DescriptionMINIMUM
QUALIFICATIONSEducation: Bachelor's degree is required, preferably
in Nursing. If Bachelor's is not in Nursing, a Master's degree in
Nursing is required.Licenses/Certifications:
- Current State of Texas license or temporary/compact license to
practice professional nursing required
- Certification in Basic Life Support required
- Professional certification in clinical area or management
required within one year of exam
- Three (3) or more years of experience in clinical area of
- Demonstrated leadership experience
- Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by
integrating our culture in all internal and external customer
interactions; delivers on our brand promise of "we advance health"
through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration,
compassion and results while ensuring one Memorial
- Assists with the deployment of departmental goals that support
the mission, vision and values of the organization.
- Assist leadership with managerial responsibilities.
- Carries out the day to day operational components of the unit
that are delegated by the manager/director, including input on
- Plans, coordinates, and directs effective coordination of care
between units, nurses and providers. Assists with the development
of staff schedules.
- Performs effectively in emergency situations within the unit.
Assists with patient care as needed.
- Serves as a resource to staff. Acts as a mentor/coach to staff,
medical personnel, patients and family members.
- Assists in guiding staff in quality improvement efforts for all
- Assures all PI or quality standards are met on a daily basis.
Participates in PI projects annually.
- Identifies and provides verbal disciplinary action. Provides
counseling and remediation with staff as needed. May provide
written disciplinary action in collaboration with leadership.
- Works with personnel to assure staff have access to and are
appropriately utilizing supplies
- Provides input to Nurse Manager/Director on budget
- Promotes intra/interdepartmental communication.
- Strong orientation to service excellence.
- Ensure clinical care is aligned with evidence-based
- Leadership rounds on patients.
- Responds to customer complaints in a timely manner.
- Identifies high risk social situations and addresses
- Adheres to all regulatory and Texas Board of Nursing
- Ensures safe care to patients, staff and visitors; adheres to
all Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards within
budgetary specifications including time management, supply
management, productivity and quality of service.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by
meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education and skills
competency; supports department-based goals which contribute to the
success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor and
resource to less experienced staff.
- Other duties as assigned.Memorial Hermann Health System Job ID
#10276_634359523. Pay package is based on 8 hour shifts and 40
hours per week (subject to confirmation). Posted job title:
Assistant Nurse Manager, Cardio Vascular Operating Room - TMCAbout
Memorial Hermann Health SystemCompany Overview:Charting a better
future. A future that's built upon the HEALTH of our community.
This is the driving force for Memorial Hermann, redefining health
care for the individuals and many diverse populations we serve. Our
6,100 affiliated physicians and 29,000 employees practice the
highest standards of safe, evidence-based, quality care to provide
a personalized and outcome-oriented experience across our more than
270 care delivery sites. As one of the largest not-for-profit
health systems in Southeast Texas, Memorial Hermann has an
award-winning and nationally acclaimed Accountable Care
Organization, 17* hospitals and numerous specialty programs and
services conveniently located throughout the Greater Houston area.
Memorial Hermann-Texas Medical Center is one of the nation's
busiest Level I trauma centers and serves as the primary teaching
hospital for McGovern Medical School at UTHealth. For more than 114
years, our focus has been the best interest of our community,
contributing more than $411 million annually through school-based
health centers and other community benefit programs. Now and for
generations to come, the health of our community will be at the
center of what we do - charting a better future for all.
*Memorial Hermann Health System owns and operates 14 hospitals and
has joint ventures with three other hospital facilities, including
Memorial Hermann Surgical Hospital First Colony, Memorial Hermann
Surgical Hospital Kingwood and Memorial Hermann Rehabilitation
Our MissionMemorial Hermann Health System is a non-profit,
values-driven, community-owned health system dedicated to improving
Our VisionTo create healthier communities, now and for generations
Our ValuesCommunity: We value diversity and inclusion and commit to
being the best healthcare provider, employer and
partner.Compassion: We understand our privileged role in people's
lives and care for everyone with kindness and respect.Credibility:
We conduct ourselves and our business responsibly and prioritize
safety, quality and service when making decisions.Courage: We act
bravely to innovate and achieve world-class experience and outcomes
for patients, consumers, partners and the community.Benefits
- Dental benefits
- Vision benefits
- Employee assistance programs
- 403b retirement plan
- Health Care FSA
- Dependent Care FSA
- School loan reimbursement
Keywords: Memorial Hermann Health System, Sugar Land , Manager Registered Nurse (RN) - CVOR - $33-58 per hour, Executive , Sugar Land, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!