Manager Public Reporting and Consolidation
Location: Sugar Land
Posted on: January 15, 2020
Nalco Champion, an Ecolab Company, has an immediate need for a
Manager of Public Financial Reporting and Consolidation in our
Energy Services group located in Sugar Land, TX. The Manager of
Public Financial Reporting and Consolidation position is a member
of the Public Financial Reporting Group. The position reports to
the Assistant Controller/ Director of Public Reporting. The Manager
is responsible for the oversight and review of the company's public
financial reporting and global close and consolidation processes.
This includes reporting financial results accurately and timely to
the external financial community and corporate financial
management. It also includes understanding the financial results
and responding to inquiries on a timely basis in alignment with
generally accepted accounting principles, SEC rules and
regulations, corporate policies and other mandated accounting
regulations. This position has two direct reports.
This is an opportunity to join a large growing company offering a
competitive base salary and benefits.
Whats in it For You:
- The opportunity to take on some of the worlds most meaningful
challenges, helping customers achieve clean water, safe food,
abundant energy and healthy environments
- The ability to make an impact and shape your career with a
company that is passionate about growth
- The support of an organization that believes it is vital to
include and engage diverse people, perspectives and ideas to
achieve our best
- Thrive in a company that values sustainability, drives a
safety-focused culture and has been recognized as one of the most
ethical companies in the world
- Comprehensive benefits package starting day 1 of employment-
medical, dental, vision, matching 401k, company paid pension, stock
purchase plan, tuition reimbursement and more!
- Lead the global close and consolidation and external/internal
financing reporting processes as well as ensure compliance to
accounting policies and internal controls over financial
- Responsible for keeping all levels of management informed of
the status of close, consolidation and financial reporting
activities throughout the month and removing roadblocks to ensure
timely and accurate reporting.
- Ensure proper elimination of intercompany transactions
throughout the company.
- Lead close meetings to review domestic and international
financial results against forecast and budgets.
- Prepare and review monthly, quarterly and annual internal
financial reporting and analysis packages for executive management,
audit committee and board of directors.
- Manage SEC reporting including preparation of MD&A and
review of financial statements, footnotes, XBRL, for the quarterly
10-Q and annual report. Coordinate filing of all company SEC
- Support quarterly earnings release and Audit Committee meeting
- Responsible for training, developing, and performing reviews
for supervisor of global consolidation, supervisor/ senior
accountant of public financial reporting and financial reporting
- Complete special projects as assigned including implementation
of accounting standard changes.
- The position works directly with the companys external
auditors, technical accounting, investor relations, and the North
America and Global Accounting teams.
- Manage global close
- Manage consolidation. Review and monitor consolidation issues
including foreign currency translation in multiple currencies,
extensive intercompany reconciliations and eliminations
- 10Q/K - Review quarterly and annual SEC filings including
preparation of all financial statements, related disclosures, and
- Review and approve all topside adjusting journal entries
necessary for a fair presentation of the consolidated financial
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting.
- Minimum 8 years of accounting experience in a public accounting
role supporting SEC clients, or in an industry role that requires
current knowledge of consolidation and public reporting
- Extensive SEC (10-Q, 10-K, 8-K, Proxy, etc.), SOX and GAAP
- Previous supervisory experience.
- No immigration sponsorship available for this position.
- ---CPA strongly preferred, and/or Masters of Accountancy.
- ---3-4 years of Public Accounting experience.
- ---Strong accounting and financial aptitude, including
consolidations for a global organization.
- ---Must have strong organizational and communication skills and
the ability to work independently.
- ---Efficient multi-tasker with excellent project
- ---Strong analytical, organizational and communication
- ---Experience reviewing benefit plan financial statements
(11-K) and audits.
- ---Experience with SAP and Hyperion Financial Management
consolidation software and Workiva (or equivalent).
About Nalco Champion:
Discover how Nalco Champion helps fuel 550 million vehicles
globally. Ecolabs Energy Services business, Nalco Champion,
provides specialty chemistry programs and related services for
upstream, midstream and downstream oil and gas operations looking
to maximize production, protect assets and reduce operating costs
and environmental impact. Through on-site problem solving and
innovative technologies, our team provides solutions that help
energy customers overcome complex challenges in the worlds toughest
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Ecolab, we believe the best teams are diverse and inclusive, and
we are on a journey to create a workplace where every associate can
grow and achieve their best. We are committed to fair and equal
treatment of associates and applicants. We recruit, hire, promote,
transfer and provide opportunities for advancement on the basis of
individual qualifications and job performance. In all matters
affecting employment, compensation, benefits, working conditions,
and opportunities for advancement, we will not discriminate against
any associate or applicant for employment because of race,
religion, color, creed, national origin, citizenship status, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity and expressions, genetic
information, marital status, age, disability, or status as a
In addition, we are committed to furthering the principles of Equal
Employment Opportunity (EEO) through Affirmative Action (AA). Our
goal is to fully utilize minority, female, disabled and covered
veteran individuals at all levels of the workforce. Ecolab is a
place where you can grow your career, own your future and impact
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including
those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the
requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City
of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance and the
San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Keywords: Ecolab, Sugar Land , Manager Public Reporting and Consolidation, Executive , Sugar Land, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!