Mechanic, Truck (Bryan, TX)
Company: Enterprise Products Company
Posted on: September 12, 2019
Enterprise Products Partners L.P. is one of the largest publicly
traded partnerships and a leading North American provider of
midstream energy services to producers and consumers of natural
gas, NGLs, crude oil, refined products and petrochemicals. Our
services include: natural gas gathering, treating, processing,
transportation and storage; NGL transportation, fractionation,
storage and import and export terminals; crude oil gathering,
transportation, storage and terminals; petrochemical and refined
products transportation, storage and terminals; and a marine
transportation business that operates primarily on the United
States inland and Intracoastal Waterway systems. The partnership's
assets include approximately 50,000 miles of pipelines; 260 million
barrels of storage capacity for NGLs, crude oil, refined products
and petrochemicals; and 14 billion cubic feet of natural gas
Make the most of your talents in a fast-paced environment driven by
people who strive for achievement. Enjoy corporate strength,
stability, and a rewarding career at a growing industry-leading and
diverse operating company with a track record for success. Tap into
the professional possibilities of Enterprise Products Company.
The Truck Mechanic will perform mechanical functions and duties of
inspecting, checking, trouble-shooting, repairing, and replacing
all mechanical equipment in order to maintain high levels of safe
and productive equipment performance. Responsibilities include, but
are not limited to:
- Complete all records of work performed and comply with Federal,
State, and company rules and regulations.
- Must be on time, cleanly dressed and available for work at
scheduled work shifts or on call periods.
- Must supply and maintain defective-free hand tools to perform
- Test drive vehicles that have been repaired to ensure all
repairs were properly performed.
- Inspect and work with brakes as stipulated in Section 396.25 of
The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations (FMCSR).
- Perform vehicle inspections that meet the qualifications &
requirements stipulated in Section 396.19 of the FMCSR.
- Perform regulatory required inspections.
- Use diagnostic equipment, welding and cutting machines, tire
mounting, replacement, and repairing equipment.
- Work on all equipment at the terminal level, such as, steam
rack equipment, shop equipment, and company cars and pickups.
- Maintain all equipment to the highest quality, in a timely
manner, while keeping cost at a minimum.
- Participate and successfully complete training programs,
process safety management reviews, and safety meetings required to
comply with state and federal regulations.
- Review procedures as necessary to ensure compliance of all
company and industry standards to meet all regulatory agency
- Ability to optimize work to effect a minimal amount of
- Perform and assist in scheduling of repairs when the Shop
Foreman is unavailable.
- Perform remedial and preventative maintenance and maintain
facility appearance and safety through good housekeeping practices
inside and outside of the facilities.
- Participate in available cross training to effectively develop
skills in areas specific to other mechanics.
- Must use and wear all PPE when required.
- Train and guide others to learn duties of Mechanic.
The successful candidate will meet the following
- A minimum of a high school diploma or G.E.D. equivalent is
- Technical certification or equivalent training in a mechanical
environment or energy related field is preferred.
- A minimum of 3 years mechanic experience in a related field is
- A valid driver's license with acceptable driving record is
- Must supply and maintain defective free hand tools to perform
- The ability to test drive vehicles that have been repaired to
ensure all repairs were properly performed is required.
- Ability to read and understand, analyze and interpret
documents, equipment repair manuals, reports and federal, state and
local codes and regulations.
- The ability to perform basic mathematical calculations, such
as, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical solutions is
- Basic computer skills such as: opening, creating and updating
content in MS Word documents and Excel spreadsheets is
- The ability to effectively communicate, both verbally and in
writing, with other individuals, teams, customers, and stakeholders
of the business, at various levels of the organization, in a
business like and professional manner is required.
- Takes initiative and is proactive in addressing issues. Quickly
and efficiently completes tasks.
- The ability to demonstrate conscientiousness, dependability and
commitment to the role, team and company.
- The ability to work in a fast paced environment with less
definition, policy, and bureaucracy.
- Works indoors and outdoors in and around industrial and
- Works in temperature extremes due to weather conditions and
- Must be able to regularly bend, stoop, move from ground level
to higher levels, raise/lift from ground level and lift up to 50
lbs., manually transport a load up to 75 lbs., apply up to 100 foot
pounds of torque.
- Must wear special safety equipment while working and must be
able to lift and put on emergency breathing apparatus and/or
- The ability to take call-outs and work overtime is
- Must live or relocate to within 1 hour of reporting
Keywords: Enterprise Products Company, Sugar Land , Mechanic, Truck (Bryan, TX), Engineering , Bryan, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!