Assembly & Test Technician (2nd shift)
Company: Oceaneering International
Posted on: September 19, 2023
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and
products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop
products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an
offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the
world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a
leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals,
subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology
expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling,
aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
The primary responsibility of this position is to assemble,
maintain and test surface and subsea pipeline repair products as
- Requires daily onsite attendance; this is not a remote-work
Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform maintenance of machines, tools and equipment.
- Read and comprehend basic hydraulic and electrical
- Read and comprehend basic drawings, specifications and
- Operate hydraulic power units.
- Operate general hand, hydraulic and air tools.
- Rig / de-rig equipment for movement with cranes, forklifts and
- Differentiates between various hydraulic and pneumatic
- 2 nd shift (3 pm to 12 pm)
- Minimum one year of related experience
- Knowledge of Word and Excel
This position is considered SHOP/OUTDOOR WORK which is
characterized as follows.
- Primarily outdoors during the day and occasionally at
- Frequently working on or near moving equipment and vibrating
- Humidity is frequently above 90%.
- Noise is over 85 decibels.
- Light is intense/glare.
- Occasional exposuire to open fire/flames/sparks.
- Frequent exposure to airborne dust, fumes, and gases.
- Work surface is stable.
- Constant exposure to dust.
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
This position is considered HEAVYwork.
- Lift 50-100 pounds
- Work in confined spaces, kneel, jump, run, work while lying on
his stomach/back, crawl, and use repetitive movements of the arms
- Differentiate between colors.
- Wear PPE for skin protection.
- Lift 25-50 pounds
- Wear PPE for head, hands
- Climb stairs/ladders, stand, balance, stoop, squat, reach, and
- Twist, sit with back supported, head forward/flexed, head
- Work with arms extended below the waist, unsupported, elbows
flexed, wrist supported and unsupported.
- Operate a motor vehicle
- Lift 10-20 pounds
- Standing and walking
- Wear PPE for body, vision, and hearing protection
- Steel/safety toed shoes/boots
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all
positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex
(including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity,national
origin, veteran status,disability, genetic information, or other
Keywords: Oceaneering International, Sugar Land , Assembly & Test Technician (2nd shift), Engineering , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!